Ashton || Hope

The surprise he mentioned to you earlier stayed in your mind. You couldn't yet figure out what he wanted to tell you or what along the lines the surprise might be. You guys promised never to do surprises unless it was something big and by his excitement earlier this is a big deal. You stay on your bed as you lay on your back. Looking at you ceiling you start wondering of the thought of what his mind could come up with. You love Ashton, but you hated how you never knew or know what goes through his mind. You have had some up and downs, you cringe at the thought of those days.

But you soon drift to happy thoughts of you guys just laughing and acting goofy with one another. That was the part of the relationship you loved. You closed your eyes as you tried to calm down the nerves that you felt rising up. This was stressful, he promised to text you as soon as it was okay to meet him at the park playground. You don't understand why he wanted you to meet him there but you didn't push it. You glance to the flowers that are placed on your dresser. You always hated valentines day but with Ashton everything seemed yet so perfect.

The bear that is placed beside them is just so cute, you never expect such a romantic gesture or you never want it to happen. But as soon as they do you just melt with pure joy, those emotions are just something irreplaceable. You raise up at the sound of your phone vibrating on your bedside table. You know its Ashton, you grab your phone.

Ashton x - Meet me at the park playground ;)

It was weird being here at night as it had this gloomy side to it but you notice a flicker of light coming from the playground. As you got closer you noticed it was many little lights flickering in the distance. You notice Ashton standing there with his back towards you as he seems to be examining everything. He crouches down as he looks at the little flickers of little. You smile to yourself, he soon turns around. His eyes land on you, his smile wide. He walks closer to you, as he makes his way up to you he pulls you into a hug you hug back as you haven't seen him all day.

Finally breaking the hug he grabs your hand and pulls you towards the swings. You giggle as he gestures for you to sit. Taking the seat he stands behind you as he lightly pushes you. The flickering of what seems to be candles is just beautiful, they look to be arranged in a certain way but you cant get a good glimpse of them to understand what they say. He starts to push you a little higher as the lights look a little clear. "Get a good view of it" he says as he pushes you a little higher. Then your eyes examine the way they are.

Marry Me?

It was something you never seen, something so original. You soon stopped swinging, you stayed seated as he stood in front of you. You were shocked by the sudden question and everything all at once. He gazed down at you before he pulled a small box out of his pocket. You watched as he carefully got on one knee. Your heart beat quickened, he grabbed your hand in his as he just look at you. "What do you say Hope?" He looked nervous as you were. This was something unexpected but you had to understand this is Ashton you were talking about. He loves you and you love him, it just seems like saying yes to him now would be the best thing to do. "I-I" you begin to stutter.

"I understand" Ash lets go of your hand as he places the box back in his pocket. This wasn't what was meant to happen you want to marry him. Its the only thing that seems to be right but why couldn't you say yes. He placed himself in the swing beside you as you just sat there swaying. You barely hear him as he mutters sorry. Sorry? Why is he sorry? You look over at him as he has his head down. "Ashton?" He glances up at you, the sadness is laced across his face as he looks at you.

"I do want to marry you" you answer looking away from him.

"You do? Then why didn't you say anything when i asked you a minute ago?"

"Overwhelmed i guess" you mutter.

He reaches over grabbing your hand, he takes the box out one last time as he opens it. Slipping the ring onto your finger he kisses the top of your hand. You smile over at him thinking that maybe now everything will go the way it needs to.