Chapter Twenty Three

PREVIOUSLY ON FRANK IEROS PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION:

DEEP IN THE BUNKER OF THE VAMPIRE-HUNTING-EXTRORDINARES WAY HOUSE, GERARD FINALLY CONFRONTED HIS PARENTS— JUST TO FIND OUT THEY WEREN'T HIS PARENTS AT ALL!! IN THE FACE OF CERTAIN DEATH FOR BOTH GEE AND MIKEY, NEWLY TURNED VAMPIRE FRANK SWOOPED IN AND SAVED EVERYONES ASSES! YAY! BUT HOW WILL MIKEY REACT WHEN HE FINDS OUT THE TRUTH— ABOUT HIS PARENTS, ABOUT HIMSELF, ABOUT HIS BOYFRIEND?? READ TO FIND OUT!

.Mikey's POV.

It was like a movie. Or, it was like one of those picture-slide goggles I'd had when I was a kid. Hazy and muted looking-- the images chasing one another in rapid fire succession.

Gerard in the weapons room.  Gerard's terrified face. Gerard running off, Frank in tow. Gerard in my room. Gerard's fangs. Gerard's arms around me. Sharp, confusing pain. Blood on my fingers. Blood on my shirt. On my bed. Everywhere. Being dragged through the basement by my parents. Gerard, coming back for me, just like he said he would. Gerard's hand in mine, then— nothing. Just strange, lonely darkness. I couldn't feel any part of me anymore. The vague awareness of consciousness was the only thing indicating I was still alive.

I wasn't sure how long i'd been in this state— time wasn't a thing I could gauge in this limbo. My thoughts became less and less coherent until the only word I remembered was Gerard. The only thing I could feel was a distinct sense of guilt. I couldn't even remember why.

After a while, a new feeling started to creep up on me. I wanted to... let go. Of something. Not something physical, but something... inside me. I knew, somehow, what to do. My jumbled, frantic thoughts became quieter, and farther away. I was so close, close to... where I was supposed to go, I think. I wasn't even sure I was me anymore.

Suddenly, I felt a small tug from a different direction, a pull liked I had been hooked just below the navel. From where I'd been, I think. The sensation lasted for a moment, and then faded away.

That's when I was slammed back into my body like I had been shot out of a cannon ball. For a moment, I was hyper aware of every cell in my body. Every part of me felt like it was on fire. I wanted to run, or cry out, but not even ten seconds ago I'd forgotten I'd had a body, let alone how to work one. The fire got hotter and hotter, until I felt like all of me had been burnt to nothing but smoke. Then I was thrown into darkness again.

"Fuck." was the first word I remembered. My voice sounded raw, like someone had put my vocal chords through a blender. I ached all over, and my stomach twisted and swooped with every breath. I heard mumbling from somewhere to my left, but it was quickly drowned out when I started coughing and gasping. My throat felt like it was still on fire.

"Oh— oh my god. He's awake. Gerard! Mikey's awake!" A gritty, boyish sounding voice carried over my choking and hacking. I rubbed my knuckles into my eyes until i saw stars, and screwed them open. Everything was still a little fuzzy, but I could tell I wasn't in my house. It smelled different, like vanilla and acrylic paint. I was on a twin sized bed, with a fluffy grey comforter beneath me.

I groaned, trying to prop myself up on my elbows. "Mikey!" My eyes shot open again, my head still swimming. Standing above me was Gerard, paler than ever, patting my hair and making little distressed sounds as he looked me over.

"Gerard?" I croaked, my voice still hoarse. "What— where are we? Where are mom and dad? What happ—" I managed to get out before dissolving into another coughing fit. "Shh, it's okay. You're okay. You're okay. We're— were at Lindsey's house. Our neighbor?"