Chapter One

.Frank's POV.

Gerard Way never smiled.

I'd only known him for a few months, and I didn't know him well, but not once had he actually smiled.

At first, I just thought he didn't have a lot to smile about. The whole, "I only wear black and I want you to stay the hell away from me" vibe only added to that conclusion. But I gradually began to realize it was more than that.

Sometimes, I would catch him beginning to smile, only to stop himself and return to looking angry and forlorn. All in all, he was just... kind of weird.

The jarring sound of the school bell caused me to jump, abruptly shaking me out of my musings about Gerard. I sighed and put my things in my bag, heading to lunch. On my way out the door, a crumpled up piece of paper hit me in the back of the head, followed by some snickers from the back of the room. I shrugged it off; I couldn't really be bothered to pick fights with the idiots in my school. I bent down to pick it up, and I saw that it was, in fact, a flyer for my agency. I've always had a fascination with anything paranormal, and I decided to put that fascination to good use and help people with their otherworldly problems. It... was actually just me, and I ran it out of my room, but it was completely legit.

I stuck the paper in my backpack, and left the room. As I walked down the hall, I saw the subject of my earlier thoughts. I watched him sulk around; he seemed kind of... lonely. He was definitely intriguing. Rumors clung to him like fog-- hushed whispers whenever he walked by. I absentmindedly stared at him while I thought about those rumors, and the likelihood of them holding any truth.

He suddenly stopped, and bent down to pick up a piece of paper that must've caught his eye. He read over the brightly colored paper, and looked shocked for a second, his eyes widening slightly. He then settled on an irritated scowl. I squinted, trying to see what the paper could've said that made him so irate.

Oh no. I could recognize that paper anywhere. It was one of my flyers. I grimaced, the quick intake of air making a sharp hiss. I hoped that wasn't the reason for the look on his face.

As soon as the noise was out of my mouth, his head shot up, and he stared directly at me. For a second I felt frozen by his scathing glare. It was definitely intimidating, but also kind of mesmerizing. I stood there for what could've been 2 seconds, or 10 minutes, glued to the floor. He had "don't mess with me," written all over his features.

He searched my face for a moment longer, and then turned abruptly, walking the other way. I shivered slightly, not having the faintest clue what that was about, and continued on my way to lunch.

I grabbed my tray, and sat down at our regular table. "Frank! What's up?" Ray grinned at me, his hair bouncing around. I chuckled, "nothing really, I just had a bit of a stare down in the hallway." He pulled down the bottom of his eyelids, and stuck his tongue out. "What, like this?" I rolled my eyes, making a face back. "Yeah, like Gerard Way would ever make a face like that." Ray's eyes grew huge, his mouth agape. "Gerard Way? Like the Gerard Way? Frank, he's dangerous! Haven't you heard all the things people say about him?" He looked down. "...Even Mikey doesn't like to talk about him. He seems scared of his own brother." I simply shrugged, not really knowing enough about the black haired boy to give a proper response.

Just then, I heard the loud clatter of a tray being dropped to the floor just behind Ray. I jumped and looked up to see the very person we were just discussing. He must've heard Ray, because there was panic and hurt in his hazel eyes. He looked from the tray to me for a few seconds, then took a shaky breath and fled the cafeteria.

---------------------------------------------
Hi! This is my first story on wattpad, so please comment and critique! I should update regularly, but I'm not sure how long the chapters will be. :) thanks! .Hannah.