Chapter Eight

chapters short as Frank holla holla

anyways, I just wanted to say thank u guys so much for all the votes and comments I love reading them!! ur the best ily
.Hannah.
------------------———--------------------
.Franks POV.

After that, Gerard and I developed a strange friendship-esque type of relationship. I would ask him all sorts of things about vampirism, and he would laugh and ask me why I'm such a nerd.

I sat at my desk, thinking of the things I had learned about both vampires and Gerard. Moreso about the prior. While he'd helped me a lot, and I'd like to think he let me help him, I still couldn't tell you much about the dark haired boy himself. I knew that sometimes when I caught his eye at school, butterflies would shoot through my stomach.

I also knew that he looked at lot like his brother, but that was just because he would glare at me in the halls whenever he saw me. Despite their differences, there was no denying those boys were related. They had the exact same death glare.

I looked up from my mindless doodling when the bell rang, signaling that it was officially the weekend. A small smile formed on my lips. For me, the bell meant one thing: spending time with Gerard.

I picked up my bag, walking out to the front of the school, where Gerard was sitting, waiting for me. He caught my eye and smiled softly, lifting his hand in a small wave. I met up with him, pulling my skeleton gloves on. "Hi Gerard!" I said excitedly, pulling out my notebook. "Hey Frankie" he greeted me with the nickname, which nobody else ever used, causing little butterflies to flutter in my stomach. After a second he cleared his throat, and I realized I had just spaced out. Thoroughly embarrassed, I busied myself by flipping through my notebook. "Have you remembered anything else about the process of turning people?" I asked, skimming over the last subject I'd been documenting for my studies. I looked up, watching as he tilted his head in thought as we walked down the sidewalk. "It... hurts." He said musingly. "For the vampire or the vampee?" He snorted in response. "Obviously not the vampire, Frank."

By that time, we'd arrived at my house, and made our way up to my room before continuing our conversation. I closed my door and climbed up on the bed, patting the space next to me for him to sit down. I crossed my legs like a kid, and grabbed my pencil. "So, if it doesn't hurt for the vampire, what does it feel like?" I asked as I scribbled in some more notes. After a few moments of silence, I glanced up at Gerard, who had a strange look on his face. "Uh... Gerard?" He shook his head slightly. "I don't really know, actually. I've never turned anyone."  I raised my eyebrows a bit, in surprise. "Whys that?" I wondered. He shot me a quizzical look in response. "Frank I... firstly, how could I do this to somebody?" He gestured to himself. "And secondly.... Hm. Come to think of it, there is something I forgot to mention. I think vampires can only turn one person. Obviously I've never tried, but I think it's just the bite, you can't drink any blood, and it only works once." He looked over to see me feverishly writing everything down. "I don't know that for a fact though, Frank. I've never talked to another vampire, that was just what I read in my paren- I mean, some journals I found. Besides, it doesn't matter. I'm never going to turn anyone." His brow furrowed, clearly thinking about his own misery. "I mean, this is a living hell." He gave a halfhearted laugh, wrapping his arms around his waist. I sighed quietly. I hated seeing him like this.

Scooting closer to him, I grabbed his hand and laced my fingers through his. "I'm... really sorry, Gerard. I know this has to be hard for you. We can stop if you'd like." I said, leaning in to his side. He relaxed a little at the warmth, and rested his head on top of mine. I felt him shrug a little before giving me a response, "No, I don't mind. I'm glad I've got someone to talk to about it. And... I'm glad that person is you." He said quietly, all but whispering the last part. I felt a blush rise up in my cheeks. "That means a lot, Gerard. And for what it's worth, I'm glad you trust me enough to talk about it."

Between the coolness of his skin seeping through my clothes and the scent of mint and coffee lingering around him, I felt myself getting a little dizzy. Gerard seemed to have that effect on me, more frequently so as I got to know him better. I sighed contentedly, glancing up at him. His eyes were closed, and a small smile was on his lips. He looked breathtaking, with the sun filtering in through my blinds and onto his face. Not at all like the scared boy I met in the bathroom, or the boy who had tried to frighten me off. He looked... normal. Peaceful.

Happy.

Seeing him like that, in that moment, something came over me. My head was so hazy I couldn't think straight.

Almost instinctively, I took my hand that wasn't currently intertwined with his, and cupped his face, angling it slightly to look down at me. He blinked in surprise, and all I could think about was how lovely his hazel eyes looked.

We stared at each other for a moment longer, and I drew in a nervous breath- only dimly aware of how scared I was, and how insane this whole situation was.

My eyes fluttered shut, and I felt myself lean in, until my slightly shaking lips connected with soft, cool ones.

I was kissing Gerard.