Chapter Nine

.Gerard's POV. 

Oh my god. Was all I could think. He's kissing me. I didn't even know what to feel. Currently all I could register was a lot of shock, and a little something else. After a moment I realized it was... happiness. I was happy. Frank was kissing me, and it made me happy.

Oh shit, I realized, Frank was kissing me, and I was so shocked, I hadn't kissed back. Almost instantaneously, he seemed to realize this too, and began to pull back. I quickly leaned forward, keeping the space between us closed, and kissed him back in earnest. After my initial surprise was over, I was able to fully enjoy the feeling of kissing Frank. His lips were so soft and warm, just like the rest of him. He felt like actual sunshine, and I couldn't get enough of it.

Finally, Frank broke the kiss, panting slightly. He rested his forehead against mine, and his eyes fluttered shut. "I... wow, Gerard." Frank whispered, lacing his glove clad fingers through mine. I laughed breathlessly, feeling exhilarated. "I know. Me too."

After a few moments of silence, Frank opened his eyes. I searched them with mine, and watched their happy glow dim a little as his face shifted to a look of concern. "Um... Gerard, was, was that okay? I mean, you're not mad, are you?" he asked quietly.

I studied our intertwined hands, thinking carefully about my next words. With a small smile, I said, "No, Frank, I'm not upset with you. In fact I'm... really, really happy. Happier than I've been in a very long time." He breathed a sigh of relief, and I watched him visibly relax. "I just... don't want to hurt you. I'm terrified that I'm not good for you." I said, my voice wavering uncertainly at the end. Frank looked up at me, and I could see every detail in his hazel eyes.

"Oh, Gerard." He shifted so we were directly facing each other, and wrapped his arms around my waist, his face buried in the crook of my neck. "I don't care if you're a vampire or a werewolf or a mummy or a ghost-" and in spite of myself, I grinned, "Those other things don't exist Frankie." At this, he leaned back to face me, a look of incredulity on his face, and continued, "They so do, but regardless, I don't care what you are. I think you're endlessly fascinating as a person and not just because you're a crazy mythical creature," I snorted at that. "and being around you makes me so happy, and in case you haven't noticed I have a hopeless crush on you and I really really don't want to lose you." He rushed out, his face flushed with increasing embarrassment.

I laughed, tugging my sleeves over my hands so I could cup his face. "You're adorable" I said, placing a kiss on his nose. "And in case you haven't noticed, I have a crush on you too." He laughed, shaking his head. "That's a relief. Besides, the worst thing you could do is turn me into a vampire, and that would be awesome!"

At this, my hands fell from his face, landing with a soft thump in my lap. "Frank... you don't actually think this," I gestured to myself, "is awesome, do you?" He looked down a little sheepishly. "Well, kinda. I mean- you're an actual vampire. That's sort of amazing!" At that, I involuntarily smiled. "I'm glad you think so," I breathed out a half hearted laugh. "But not everyone thinks that way." Frank shot me a quizzical look. "What do you mean, Gerard?" I sighed, figuring there was no way around this. "C'mon, I've got something to show you." I said, slowly untangling our legs and standing up. He followed after me, confusion written all over his face. "Where are we going?" he asked. I stayed silent a moment, trying to swallow my fear. "My house."

----------------------------------------------

Hoo hoo this chapter is 666 words... spooky. Also, I'm sorry I'm such a slow updater. I swear I'm trying my best. Anyways, thank you all so much!! I can't believe this has over 1k reads wtf. I love u guys 💕
.Hannah.