Chapter Five

.Gerard's POV.

I sat there in shock, feeling Frank's arms around me. It felt... lovely. I couldn't remember the last time I had let someone touch me. Or the last time someone had wanted to. He was so soft and warm, I never wanted him to stop. This felt so unreal, I was almost afraid to move; scared that if I did, he would disappear.

Slowly, I lifted my arms and wrapped them around him too. He didn't shy away, and I smiled a little to myself. I was almost overwhelmed; he was so kind. I was so used to feeling hated that even this small gesture meant quite a lot.

I buried my face in the crook of his neck, and closed my eyes. I could smell coffee and his shampoo, and I absolutely loved it. After a few minutes, I heard frank whisper above me. "Gerard, I really don't think I would hate you." My breath caught in my throat. The thought of someone not hating me sounded very enticing, and a lot less lonely than what my life had consisted of for a while now. I hugged him even tighter, teetering between the two choices that could possibly ruin my life. But sitting there with his arms around me, listening to his heart beat, I knew what I was going to do.

I took a deep breath. "...Okay." I said, hearing my voice tremble. "I'll tell you." I lowered my arms, and pulled away so I was sitting in front of him again. He didn't look angry or upset, just concerned. I braced myself, praying to every entity I could think of that he wouldn't hate me for this.

Slowly, I closed my eyes, took in one more shaky breath, and for the first time in about a year, I really, truly, fully

Smiled.

---------------------------------------------

Finally haha this is going somewhere. Sorry this chapter is so short, I just needed Gerard's POV for a few minutes :p anyways, thank you guys so much for reading, and please please please critique and if you have any contributions you'd like to make, comment!
.Hannah.