Chapter Six

.Frank's POV.

I gasped. I didn't mean to, but what else would you do when you see someone's fangs?

I immediately covered my hand with my mouth. "Oh god. I'm sorry. That was rude. It's just a little, surprising? That you're a..." His face fell, and he bit his lip. "Y-yeah. A vampire. I'm sorry." Suddenly, something clicked in my head. I felt my lips curl into a massive grin. "Yeah, you're a vampire, Gerard. That's so cool!"

He looked back up, his eyes wide. "It's... Cool? Like, you aren't terrified?" He asked, his eyes betraying a faint spark of hope. "Terrified?" I snorted. "I mean, that day you stared me down in the hallway was a little scary, not gonna lie, but you aren't scary Gerard. I just don't think you'd hurt me." I shrugged. Confusion clouded his gaze for a moment. "Stared you down in the hallway..." He mumbled to himself. "Oh! Oh yeah, sorry about that." Gerard said, smiling sheepishly. "I thought you had guessed the truth about me, and that flyer was you letting me know or something." I shook my head, laughing a little. "I mean, of course I believe in all that stuff, but this isn't something I would've guessed, honestly." He let out a huge sigh of relief. "Thank you, Frank. I... can't believe you're not scared of me." He looked down at his hands. "Sometimes I'm scared of me."

I looked at his downcast eyes sadly. I hardly knew this kid, but I couldn't help but feel... protective of him. I coughed awkwardly. "Uh, Gerard... does anybody else know about this?" His head immediately shot up, his eyes wide with panic. "No. No. No no no no. And you can't tell anyone, if they found out they'd kill me, for real. They'd... turn me to ashes." He mumbled. I let out a long breath. "Wait... nobody else knows? You've been dealing with this all on your own? Gerard, I can't imagine how hard that must be! I'm so sorry."

I looked up, to see a small tear fall from his eye. He looked away, embarrassed. "How... how could I? My family... They think I'm a monster, Frank." Just then, his eyes widened, as if something had dawned on him. "Frank, I'm a monster. I'm a monster..." He mumbled. "I've got to get out of here. You're in danger. I can't put you in danger!"

He stood up in a flash. I scrambled to my feet as well, but I was nowhere near as fast as him. "Gerard! Where are you going?! I can handle myself, especially around you." I reached out and grabbed his hand. He froze for a moment, staring at our interlaced fingers. He looked so torn, I thought I had convinced him. But then, he jerked his hand out from my grasp, a dark expression clouding his face. He looked nothing like the scared boy sitting on my bed mere minutes ago.

"You don't know me. You don't know what I'm capable of." He whispered. Suddenly, he lunged forward, until was just centimeters from my face, pinning me against the wall. I tried to swallow my fear, but I could feel it etched into my features. He bared his teeth at me, so I could clearly see his gleaming white fangs. "A monster, Frank. Don't forget that." He snapped his teeth at me, looking vaguely like a wild animal. I blinked in surprise, and when I opened my eyes, he was gone.

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever. I kinda lost track, and my life is just kind of a mess rn. but! I will do my best to keep updating, and thank you sm for reading! I'm kind of informally dedicating this chapter to @kandabluelovesyou bcos she lowkey made me wanna keep going aha. so thanks! til next time guys :)

.Hannah.