Chapter Three

.Gerard's POV.

I pushed the bathroom door open, and headed toward the front door. I tried not to cut school often, mostly because I hated bringing any kind of attention to myself. But after the whirlwind of events that happened today, I needed some space to think, and I needed it now.

I shoved my hands in the pockets of my hoodie and slipped silently out the door. What just happened? I wondered. I'd seen Frank... Iero, I think it was? Around school a few times. He seemed nice enough, especially after today. Thinking about that conversation made me smile a bit, as well as the hand holding incident. He was so... Warm. I had nearly forgotten how nice it felt to be touched. It had been about a year since I had let anyone touch me. I never really thought about it, it was mostly out of habit now. But after my encounter earlier, I realized how much I missed it.

As if pulling a trigger on a gun, the mere thought of that day threw me back in my memories, cursing me to relive it again.

I was standing in the living room, my chest heaving from yelling at Mikey for 45 minutes. "They're evil Gerard! They're sick and demented and every last one deserves to die!" He screamed, his normally calm-looking face an angry red color and contorted with rage. "What does it even matter?! You don't have to take them out on a dinner date and get to know them first. Just kill them! This is what mom and dad want, it's our duty!" At this point, tears of anger were pooling in his eyes. But I wasn't about to cave just because he was going to cry. "I don't care Mikey! I don't give a shit what they want from me, I don't owe it to anyone to become some kind of supernatural killer!" I spat. I was so torn, and so angry. I couldn't see straight. I stomped out of the house, making sure to slam the door behind me. I heard a muffled, "Gerard! Get back inside, it's not safe!" But I couldn't care less.

The hot Cali sun had just set, and it was growing darker by the minute. I had no idea where was heading, so I just picked a direction and started walking, angry tears smeared on my cheeks. It was my birthday, my BIRTHDAY, and that was their present?! A stake, a pistol, and a "trip." A vampire hunting trip.

Some part of me always knew that one day they'd ask me to take up the "family tradition." For some it was sports, or medicine. But my family? Vampire hunting. Jesus Christ. It wasn't that I particularly like vampires, I just hate killing. What was I going to do? As I was walking, mulling over this problem, I found myself at the cemetery. I made my way to the mausoleum steps and sat down, my head in my hands.

Suddenly, I heard something to my left. My head snapped up, to see nothing more than a blur out of the corner of my eye. I took in a shaky breath, regretting not listening to my little brother's advice. It was dead silent; all I could hear was my pulse roaring in my ears. I knew I wasn't alone. I stood up quickly, ready to run for it, when I was pushed down. All I saw was a pair of glowing blue eyes and a horrible fanged grin. My head hit the floor with an awful cracking noise, and I felt the vague sensation of my neck being pierced when everything faded to black.

Lost in my thoughts, I wound up in the park. The early October sun was shining brightly today, and since I wasn't exactly dressed for warm weather, I found a shaded bench to sit at. I resumed my musing for a while, until I realized I wasn't alone any longer. Another teenager was sitting on the swings to my right, looking extremely nervous, and looking over his shoulder every few seconds. I presumed it was a drug drop. He was fairly close to me, and I caught his scent. That's when it hit me. I was hungry.

I always hated this, more than anything else about my... Condition. My fingers started to twitch, and my eyes became half lidded. I felt my mind going hazy, and I could hardly string a coherent thought together that wasn't about my meal.

I sniffed the air once to make sure there was no one else here, and locked in on my target. I circled back behind him and with inhuman speed I pulled him under the tree for some, uh, privacy. Before he could even scream, I quickly knocked him out, and bit down on his neck.

In the very back of my mind, I felt the guilt start to creep up on me. I feel like a monster. I am a monster. I started to calm down, and realized I had to stop soon if I didn't want to kill him, and I really didn't. After a few seconds, I released my hold on the boy. A few weeks after I was turned, I realized that if I fed on someone, it wouldn't turn them, even if I had to feed more often as to take so little every time. That's a silver lining I guess, I thought, rolling my eyes. I quickly walked away, knowing he would wake up soon, hopefully thinking that was just a bad drug trip. I checked my phone, and realized it was almost time to meet Frank.

I had no idea why I agreed to this. I had half a mind to bail. No, I thought, steeling myself. Just meet with him, make up some bullshit lie to keep him from getting curious, and then you'll never have to talk to him again. How hard could that be?

--------------------------------------------

Three cheers for back stories haha. Finally making some progress on the plot, which I'm really excited about! Hopefully the next update will be soon, and thanks for reading! Please comment or favorite! :) .Hannah.