Chapter Two

.Frank's POV.

I stared wide-eyed at Ray, still a little shocked about what happened. "I-I didn't know he was there... Do you think he's angry?" Ray mumbled. I shook my head, a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Maybe it's because of earlier, but seeing him hurt like that made me feel... almost guilty.

"I think... I think I'm going to go check on him." I said in an unsure voice. "Frank, are you sure? He could hurt you or something!" Ray said, his eyes wide. I huffed, my resolve strengthening. "C'mon Ray. He's just 17, how horribly dangerous could he possibly be?"

I picked up the tray and it's contents off the floor, and threw the trash away. I pushed the heavy cafeteria doors, and began walking down the hallway. If I was being perfectly honest, I had no idea where he went. He could've left the school for all I know, although it was unlikely. On the off chance, I quickly peeked in the janitors closet. Hm. Empty, I thought. Next up was the bathroom, so I decided there was no harm in looking there as well.

Almost everyone was in the lunchroom, so I quietly slipped in the door and saw that only one stall was occupied. I crept into the stall beside it, and saw Gerard's unmistakable white converses; he wore them almost everyday. I stood on the back of the toilet, the walls low enough for me to prop my elbows up and peered into said stall.

Gerard was leaning on the wall, facing away from me. I couldn't see his face, but I could see him rubbing his eyes with the bottom of his palm like a kid, and scribbling furiously in a notebook. I looked on for a moment longer, and saw his shoulders shaking slightly. Is he... Crying? I didn't think Gerard Way cried. This made me feel even worse. Not being particularly adept on social cues or social anything for that matter, I took a deep breath and cleared my throat lightly, just enough to get his attention.

He jolted slightly, and craned his neck to look at me. "What are you doing here? Leave me alone." He snapped. "I uh... I just came to see if you were alright. My friend Ray can be kind of insensitive sometimes." I mumbled, questioning whether this was actually a good idea or not. His glared softened a little after I said that. Seeing this change in attitude gave me a little boost of confidence.

"So, yeah... Do you wanna talk about it or... Something?" He snorted. "Wouldn't that be nice." I cocked my head at that. I was just plain nosy on a good day, but now I was itching to figure this guy out. "Sure you can, I'm a great listener." I beamed. "Oh, I'm Frank by the way." He looked at me with an unreadable expression on his face. "I know." He said simply. After a second he seemed to realize how peculiar that sounded, seeing as we've never spoken before now, (and since I'm not exactly popular, like, at all) and he started to back track. "I uh, I mean, I saw your... Flyer earlier, and I know because of Ray. He comes over from time to time, to see his boyfriend." He looked down, his voice getting quieter. "He's, he's dating my brother Mikey."

"Ohhhh." I exclaimed. "I've seen Mikey around school. I guess I didn't realize he was your brother until Ray told me today. I've never seen him with you..." I said, thinking out loud more than trying to continue the conversation.

One look at his face and I knew that was the wrong thing to say. He was blinking furiously, trying not to cry again. "Oh god... I'm so sorry. I just didn't realize..." I tried to apologize. He took a deep breath, trying to regain some composure. "No, no it's fine. Its not your fault. We... don't really talk." He said in a small voice. "I'm sorry. Can I... Can I ask why?" I questioned. He just shrugged. "In all honesty, I don't think he even knows. But I do. And I can't even talk to him, he won't let me. Even if he'd let me... What would I say? I can't tell him. I can't tell anyone." He murmured. I didn't think he was talking to me anymore, or even remembered that I was there.

I coughed lightly. His eyes widened, and he looked mildly panicked. "Sorry, sorry I shouldn't have said that. I should go."

He moved quickly to unlock the stall door. I scrambled off the toilet and stepped in front of him, blocking his exit. "Frank please, I-I need to leave." I wasn't sure why, but part of me didn't want him to leave. After a few seconds of us just standing there, me with my arms crossed and him anxiously bouncing from foot to foot, he huffed impatiently and tried to push past me. Without thinking, I reached out and grabbed his hand. I gasped. It was so cold. I was tempted to let go, but I gripped it harder instead. Looking at our intertwined fingers, he froze for several beats, then sighed in defeat. "Fine Frank, you win. I really do need to go, but we can meet up later I guess..." I beamed at him. "Great! You can come to my house." I'm sure my mom wouldn't care since it was Friday, so I gave him my address and directions, still smiling.

We stood there for a moment longer, until Gerard shifted his weight again and gave me a small smile. "Uh... Frank, you're gonna have to let go of my hand eventually," he said. "Wha- oh! Oh I'm sorry." I felt heat rising in my cheeks, it just felt so natural to hold his hand, the coolness already forgotten. He shook his head slightly, and walked out the door, just in time for the lunch bell to ring, signaling time for class.

---------------------------------------------
Ah okay here's the second chapter! Please comment and critique anything you see that needs improvement, I'm all for suggestions! Thanks for reading :) .Hannah.