Chapter Seven

AHHHHHHHHH IM SO SORRY. IM THE WORST. my life's just been super crazy lately and I've kinda lost the plot for this but I'm gonna try really hard to update more and if you guys would comment critiques or suggestions or anything that would help me out so much!!! ily
.Hannah.
----------------------------------------------

.Franks POV.

I sat on my bed, still shaking slightly from what had just happened. I had no idea Gerard could be like that, I thought. That couldn't have been what he's really like. I wrapped my arms around my waist, trying to reassure myself. Come to think of it, I really didn't know what Gerard was like. A small smile formed at the corners of my mouth as an idea formed in my head. I should investigate.

I walked into school the next day, a confident smirk on my face, although it probably looked like I was just crazed with sleep deprivation. The bags under my eyes from staying up all night looked suspiciously like I had been punched in the face a few days ago. Even so, I think it had been a night pretty well spent. I knew a lot more about vampires than I had before, (which, ahem, was still quite a bit) but not so much about Gerard. I found a small mention about his family on the deeeeep dark web. Some forum for people affiliated with the supernatural. I knew it had to be pretty serious, because I had been on all the supernatural forums I could find for years. Even so, the comment was hardly helpful. "Beware the Ways." the anonymous user warned. What that could mean, I haven't the faintest.

I was so focused on this this thought, however, that I didn't notice someone walking towards me until my face collided with their chest, sending both our books and papers flying. I inwardly sighed at my clumsiness. How many times have I ran into someone this week?! I shook my head a bit, bringing myself back to the situation. "Oh, oh shi- I'm sorry! I wasn't even looking, let me grab tho-" When I finally glanced up, my insides twisted, some strange mixture of happiness and anxiety. Of course I had run into Gerard. I cleared my throat a little, "Oh, um, hi. Let me grab those for you." I bent down to grab his books, a little disheartened that he hadn't said anything yet, or even looked me in the eye. I stood back up, brushing the dust off of my knees. "Here you go..." I trail off awkwardly, feeling my cheeks heat up a bit. He looked down at my outstretched arms, and gingerly grabbed his books. "Thanks." he mumbled, already trying to brush past me. Panicking slightly, I reached out and grabbed his wrist. It was almost painfully cold as ever, and I winced at the biting feeling. His hazel eyes flashed up to meet mine upon hearing this, and he jerked his hand away. "See, Frank? I hurt you without even trying to! You have no idea what you're doing, so leave me alone." He snapped, walking away.

I watched him for a few moments, dazed, then started jogging to catch up, and to match his stride. "Gerard!" I panted slightly, cursing my height for the millionth time. "I do know what I'm doing!" I scrambled to step in front of him, blocking his path. He frowned at this, putting his books under his arm. "Frank," he pleaded. "You really shouldn't be around me. Even touching me hurts you." he sighed, looking at his hands. I simply shook my head stubbornly at him, refusing to lose my ground. "That's the thing Gerard, I'm already a paranormal expert, so I can handle myself! For example," I stopped and swung my bag around my shoulders, digging through it. "Aha!" I exclaimed, pulling out two black fingerless gloves with skeleton print on them. I pulled them on, and took his hand in mine, the cold already considerably less noticeable. Beaming, I looked up at him. "That wasn't too hard. I think I'll be just fine." I said, smiling at our intertwined fingers. He stared at our hands for a good two minutes, thinking intensely. After a little while, I glanced at him again, to see him blinking furiously in an effort to hide the tears forming. "I- oh, Gerard I'm sorry, I thought I could help-" I start. But before I could finish, he yanked me by our interlocked hands into a hug. I shivered slightly at the change of temperature, but it felt... nice. I heard Gerard sniff quietly, and then his muffled voice. "I... thank you Frank. I can't believe you're being so nice to me." My heart sank a little at this, but I hugged him tighter and smiled softly. "I can't believe you let me."