Chapter Twenty Two

HEY THANKS TO MY BEAUTIFUL BETA READER Could_Ya_Didgeridont FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS CHAPTER! Go check 'em out!

-

.gerards POV.

I kneeled there beside Mikey, my chest heaving, as he bled out on the floor. The gun in my hand trembled as I waited for the fight that was sure to come.

How could I fend them off by myself? My entire arm ached and throbbed from the bullet wound, and the gun felt small and fragile in my sweaty palms.

What I needed to do was tend to Mikey. I could hear his raspy breathing steadily getting shallower. All I could thing about was how I was even going to get him help, if I somehow got past my parents.

Again, a small voice in the back of my head whispered the answer. It had been there for several hours now, but I had refused to even consider it. Just the thought of turning my brother brought tears to my eyes.

"I-I can't do it Mikes, oh god. I can't. but I can't lose you either I- please Mikey!" I grabbed his shoulders, and shook him gently. "Please tell me what to do." I whispered. I could hear my parents getting closer, and I knew the end was near.

As I sat there, a wave of overwhelming hopelessness crashed over me. "Goodbye Frankie" I mumbled, realizing I would never get to see him again, never get to tell him I was sorry.

Suddenly, out of pure instinct, my head shot up. I sensed something coming closer.

It wasn't my parents. It wasn't even... human. I was so distracted trying to figure out who, or what had just triggered that sensation that I didn't realize my parents had almost closed the gap between us. It was over. I took Mikey's hand in mine and closed my eyes, wanting that to be my last sensation.

A moment passed, then two. Yet nothing came. No bullets, no pain, no death. I opened my eyes, and my jaw dropped. I saw a blur rush past me. It moved faster than anything I'd ever seen, it moved faster than me. The attacker bowled into my parents, sending all three of them careening away from us. Someone had saved us.

I scrambled to my feet, almost numb with shock. I moved to aid whoever, or whatever had saved us. I paused long enough to collect myself, and looked towards the fight. The figure had slowed down enough for me to properly make them out. It was a boy. A... short boy. With dark, messy hair that I would recognize anywhere. Holy hell. It was Frank.

I couldn't believe it. How could he be here? How could he fight like that? In the spare second he had before lunging towards my parents again, he quickly flung something in my direction, and it rolled towards me with a strange slapping sound.

Oh, holy Jesus, I thought. It was a fucking blood bag. I grabbed it and tore into it greedily.

In a matter of seconds, I could feel some of my strength returning, and I could appreciate the full weight of the fact that Frank Iero was here and fighting like a bat out of hell.

Hurriedly, I shook myself out of my thoughts. All that mattered was that he had saved me, and I had to help him.

He was doing exceptionally well in the fight, dodging and twisting and fists flying. I paused for a fraction of a second, then jumped into the fray.

Frank seemed to be getting the most trouble from my mom, as she was always the better fighter, so I dove at her, swinging my fist with all of my force behind it, and hit her square in the jaw.