Chapter Eleven

.Gerard's POV.

I stopped walking after a few seconds. The dark wasn't really a problem for me, but I knew Frank wouldn't be able to see the stairs. "Here," I said, grabbing a flashlight from where it hung on the wall, and flipped it on. Now able to see, Frank caught up to me, and took the flashlight from my grasp.

He angled the flashlight forward, illuminating what seemed like endless stairs. "Geez Gerard, how far down does this go?" Frank asked, the shock evident in his voice. "I'm not sure, in all honesty. My parents told me some time ago, but I never paid much attention to their obsession," I scoffed. I could feel his gaze boring into the back of my head, but he didn't prompt any further conversation.

We walked for what seemed like forever, the only sound being the soft tap tap tap of our feet on the steps.

Eventually, we came to a metal door, with a key pad on the right hand side. I sighed, punching in several more numbers. "Your family sure is lock happy," Frank noted. I rolled my eyes in response. "Don't I know it."

I hesitated, my finger hovering over the last number. Did I really want Frank to see this? I had kept being a vampire secret out of fear, mostly for my safety. But this? This secret I kept out of shame.

I was so lost in my internal struggle, I jumped a bit when Frank slipped his fingers through mine, squeezing my hand in an effort to reassure me. I smiled gratefully at him, and steeled my resolve, punching in the last digit.

The door in front of us opened with a quiet whoosh, and we stepped inside.

At this, the motion sensor lights flicked on, and I heard Frank gasp. Lining the wall were rows and rows of weapons, everything from knives and guns to stakes. There were storage units stacked against another wall, full of ammunition and the like. But that wasn't the worst part. On the back wall, there was a ceiling high glass trophy case of sorts. Pinned up in the show case were hundreds of sets of fangs. "Gerard, a-are those-?" "Yeah." I cut him off, my voice hard. "Vampire fangs. My family hunts vampires."

He was silent for a moment, then I heard him take in a shaky breath. "Gerard... I- are you- have you ever-" "Killed a vampire?" I laughed, harsh and humorless. "No. That's the whole reason I ended up in this mess. This is why you really shouldn't even be around me." I turned away from him, pulling my hand out of his grasp.

"What?! Gerard, you can't be serious. If anything, this is why I should. How can you possibly deal with this on your own? I can't imagine-" "That doesn't matter!" I cried, my emotions getting the best of me. "I've worked so hard to be good, and to not cause any death or destruction, and I'm not going to start now, especially with the one person who's actually nice to me! I-I can't." My voice shook, and I took a deep breath to steady myself. "Frank, this isn't something you need to get caught up in. If my family ever found out about this," I gestured to myself, "they'd definitely kill me, and they wouldn't hesitate to kill you too. And that isn't if- if I lost control and killed you first. There isn't anything I can do about this, but you can. You can get out while you're still safe. Please."

I held my breath, waiting on a response. It was so quiet, I could hear Frank's heart pounding. After a pause, I turned to face him, and saw tears silently slipping down his face. I moved to wipe them away, but he swatted my hand away. I recoiled, but he was to angry to notice. "I don't care, Gerard! I don't! I care about you too much to just- just leave you with a bunch of crazy vampire killers, especially with you BEING A VAMPIRE! That's a death sentence, and I can't just walk away knowing that."

He choked back a sob, and I rushed to pull him into a hug. I was so preoccupied by Frank, I hadn't heard the sound of the door behind me reopening. We stood there a moment longer, then I felt Frank stiffen, and I heard him gasp. Immediately, I spun to face whatever had scared him, and I couldn't help the gasp that escape me as well. Standing in the doorway, looking scared and confused, was Mikey.

I was rooted to the spot in fear. We all stood silently for several seconds. "Gerard, is- is it true?" Mikey said, just barely loud enough to hear. "Are you... a vampire?" I opened my mouth, but nothing would come out. Mikey grew paler by the second. "Oh my god." He whispered.

In my peripheral vision, I saw his hand move, inching towards the nearest knife on the wall. Immediately, I was broken out of my trance, adrenaline replacing the fear. "FRANK, RUN!" I yelled. I sprinted towards him, and was practically nose to nose with Mikey in a second. We stood there, staring at each other for a moment. "I'm sorry, Mikes." I whispered. Suddenly, I shoved him down, his head hitting the wall with a thud. The shock gave me just enough time to grab Frank by the wrist and bolt up the stairs, and out into the street. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I couldn't stop.

----------------------------------------------

holla hollaa hey everybody :^) pls don't forget to comment and vote ily <3

.Hannah.