Chapter Fifteen - Sick-Formation

Start from the beginning

"I'll always protect you, little brother... always,"

She heard her voice and she saw herself when she still was an eight-year-old girl and Aang was only five, keeping him in a tight sisterly hug. And she smiled. Yes, that was something that made her happy, that was the reason she should continue her life, her brother. She loved Aang more than anyone. And he loved her just the same.

What else made her happy? Could she ever have the chance for love? That's stupid. She thought. She turned around in the sound of her voice. The view changed. She was no longer in the Southern Air Temple with her brother. It seemed like they were on an island.

The moon's light reflected perfectly on the quiet deep blue sea. The greenery around the shore was filled with trees and fire lilies. It must be summer. The quiet cool breeze caressed her skin. She felt a pleasant peace; she hadn't felt in a long time. The sky was clear, no cloud in sight. The only sources of light were the stars and the moon, just like she liked it.

Suddenly she felt someone's strong arms hugging her from behind. She didn't fend away and she wasn't startled at all, much to her surprise. The man's hands were warm blocking the cold breeze from cooling her white, porcelain, skin. She let her head rest on his left shoulder. He pushed gently all off her hairs to the left side and he kissed her right bare shoulder. She just laid her head behind closing her eyes enjoying the feeling.

Her curiosity to find out who the man was, didn't click in just yet. She didn't have full control of her moves and she knew that she certainly wouldn't be so calm in a man's hands without knowing and trusting him.

She finally opened her eyes to see who it was and she just couldn't believe in her eyes. She could recognize that scar resting on the left side of his face and his hair reaching loosely his forehead and ears. It was Zuko!

He stared back at her. His golden eyes consuming hers, his warm hands wrapped around hers, their bodies closer than ever. She found him way handsome than the way she had met him making it easier to fall for him.

"I love you," he said breaking the silence.

Wait, what?! She thought startlingly.

She opened her mouth to speak... No, don't say it, don't you DARE say it!!!! She thought knowing where this was going to end.

"I love you, too," She said leaning closer and kissing him.

I could have face-palmed my forehead right now! She thought.

But this wasn't a normal kiss. It went deeper and deeper like she was about to consume him. When his eyes were closed, lost in the kiss, she opened hers. Her eyes were black, the color of her skin darkening. Then, out of nowhere, not even knowing what she was doing she pulled out a dagger and she managed to stab it in his gut. He wrapped her hand just in time pulling away from the kiss.

He wrapped her wrist tightly but there was no anger in his eyes as he looked at her even if she tried to kill him a second ago. "Iris, you can no longer let him control you like that," he said softly.

What is he talking about?! What the hell is going on?!

Her dark eyes glared back at him in hatred but eventually, their purple color was back and the color of her skin returned as well. She let the dagger fall on the sand of the shore and she started crying. She collapsed on her knees burying her face in her hands.

"You are not safe with me!" she exclaimed between sobs.

He knelt beside her as well and he took her in his arms. He passed his hands around her waist and he let her cry on his shoulder. "I can't live without you either," he whispered in her ear. His hot breath tickling her neck, she liked it... she really, really like it but she knew she had to pull back.