38 | the wedding: part 1

Start from the beginning

As we finished getting ready, the photographer knocked on the door and began taking some pictures of us in the London skyline of Cal's apartment

As we finished getting ready, the photographer knocked on the door and began taking some pictures of us in the London skyline of Cal's apartment. Before we left the house to get in the Cadillac Escalade Limo that was awaiting us outside, Freya quickly grabbed all the flowers for everyone. Mama Airey was in charge of my bag as she was going straight to the church when we arrived, whereas Cal and Megan would be outside with us, taking a couple of pictures before going inside.

Before we got into the limousine, we took a couple of pictures. Cal, Megan, Mum and I all took a picture together by the limo. The next picture taken was with all the bridesmaids, Freya and Gee and myself. We all stood in line, me in front, Freya, Gee then Megan, Lauren, Jasmine, and Georgia. We all held our flowers, bodies facing the right but our heads facing the camera. The next photo was with just Freya, Gee and me laughing and the final photo was of all of us together.

After a few photos, we finally got into the limo. The photographer sat in the front with the driver who opened the door for us. At the back, it was Callum, me and mum and across the side, it was Freya, Gee, Megan, Lauren, Georgia and Jasmine.

There was a bottle of wine in an ice bucket (which I asked for), which Callum opened and then poured all of us a glass. "To the soon-to-be Mrs Minter!" Freya cheered as we all clinked our glasses together. It was nice to get some liquid courage inside of me because I knew once I walked down that aisle, I would run straight back up it because the nerves were getting really bad. "How are you feeling?" Freya asked.

I held my hand out to show everyone how bad my hand was quivering as my response to Freya's question. Callum grabbed my hand and turned to me. "Sis, it will all be fine. Simon loves you more than anything. He would give up everything for you, and Oli in a heartbeat. You're going to be fine." I gave Callum a massive hug.

"I love you, Cal."

"I love you, too." I could see that mum was smiling at us.

I looked out of the window to see that we were pulling in to the church, where a couple of people were outside waiting for us. The photographer and driver both got out of the limo and we all took deep breaths. "Let's go!" Callum screamed.

The bridesmaids got out first and I could see that the people outside were already taking photos. This was a big wedding, and no doubt there would be pictures leaked tomorrow which is why we tried to keep it on the low, and only invite close friends and family.

Eventually, it was then time for me to get out of the limo after Callum and Mum got out. As I came out of the limo, with a little help from Callum, everyone outside began cheering. I could see that even a couple of people had tears in their eyes: why? I don't know, but it made me confident.

Soon enough, people went inside and after a few more photos it was time for the ceremony. Callum and I were behind the bridesmaids and the maid of honours. Megan went first, followed by Lauren, Jasmine and Georgia. It was then Gee and Freya, followed by Callum and me, who were linking arms.