Chapter 30:

Georgia's P.O.V: 

The day of the Keeper of Keys ceremony came before I knew it. Demon Slayer school had gotten even better than I expected, we learned many fighting techniques and trained each weekend alongside my classmates. Because of this extra practice, I've noticed my taekwando improving even more so. My powers have strengthened massively, I don't get many future sightings and the few I do get aren't life threatening so far. As for my fauna powers, I've had so much fun regularly going to the woods to fly around in my bird form. I taught myself and gradually get higher with each time I go to practice, as suggested by Ms. Kenny. She feels that being able to fly in my bird form would be useful in Demon battling. The rest of Demon Slayer school has been mostly normal, without much drama from my fellow classmates. Claire, Jenny and I have a strong trio and do everything together at school for the few hours we see each other on the weekend. 

I haven't battled many demons since the fight in D.S.D.A  two weeks ago, which has really strengthened my self confidence in my fighting abilities. Since then, not very Demons have been around. I don't have to do much as the Keeper of Keys so far. Other than regularly checking it, and being wary of suspicious activity. 

That morning, I woke up at 9:30am, not by choice, thanks to my alarm clock. Both mum and I quietly got ready without waking Maddie who slept really heavily and wouldn't wake until 12 when we would be back then. The ceremony began at 10:00am in the King's palace not far from the D.S.D.A school. 

Once we had arrived at the palace our invitations were double checked and then we were allowed inside. I turned to Jenny, "Oh my gosh, there are A LOT of people here," I remarked as I gestured to the crowd of people.

"Yeah, this ceremony appears to be quite a big deal," she replied in agreement, "I'm gonna get a drink from the drinks table, would you like one?" 

"Yeah, that'd be great, anything fizzy would be nice." 

As she walked away, I realized my bag was on the floor, confused as to how it got there, I began bending down carefully so as to not reveal anything, to pick it up. As I did so, a guy my age came over and crouched in front of me. 

"Hey there, I'm Dylan, I noticed you dropped your bag. Need a hand?" ,he questioned with a movie star-like smile. 

I smiled nervously and picked up my bag. We both got up at the same time and bumped heads. He let out a nervous laugh and said, "Oh god, that wasn't particularly smooth. This played out so much better in my head."  I smiled at his confession. "Would you like to dance?" ,he asked nervously as he offered his hand, which I gratefully excepted. As he led me out to the dance floor, I caught Jenny's eyes who gave me a cheeky eyebrow raise. I stuck out my tongue playfully back at her and she smirked. 

As more people followed us onto the dance floor, the music changed from a gentle melody to a waltz style music. 

"Heads up by the way," I began, "I can't dance at all." 

He smiled charmingly and replied, "Don't worry, I can't either. Want to figure it out?" 

I smiled like a little girl and we stood closer together. His strong muscular hands found their way to my hips and I wrapped my hands loosely around his neck. We swayed comfortably to the music. 

"So, do you go to school here?" ,I asked in an attempt of starting a conversation. 

"No actually. I flew over from England because my cousins were attending this ceremony." When he mentioned his British ethnicity, I began to notice his posh London accent which I hadn't noticed before, because I was too disctracted with trying not to fall over, which was typical of my clumsy self. 

"Do you go to a Demon Slayer defence school over there?" 

"Yep, but over there it's a summer boarding school so as to not interrupt with my regular life." 

I held onto every word he said and found myself loving his accent even more with each time he spoke. 

"What is it?" he asked gently. 

"Oh god," I thought, "have I been drooling!?" 

"Nothing....", I began, "I just really like your accent."

He smiled sheepishly and we continued swaying to the music, not as comfortably as beforehand though.