2006

"Ashley are you ready?!?!?!"

"Yeah Tina! Give me one minute"

I was putting the finishing touches on my outfit. I wasn't really thrilled about the idea of going to an independent wrestling show. Hell, I wasn't even interested in the after party. But I was trying to be a good friend and go because Tina wanted to. It wasn't exactly on the good side of town either. I wasn't much of a wrestling fan...never watched it on TV...never really cared to. It was something my dad used to watch while he got drunk for the night. I guess I had a jaded view of it. Tina had some crush on this up and coming independent wrestler and she wanted to go see him wrestle and hopefully meet him at the after party. I guess I was just there for moral support in case the shit really hit the fan. 

"Tell me again why I'm going to this event and party with you instead of studying for my midterm?"

"Because Ashley there's this wrestler guy who is totally hot and I want to see him and meet him"

"Tina...that's a total long shot you'll never see him outside of the ring."

"Whatever Ash. He lives here in Cincinnati...I'm bound to run into him somewhere."

"WOW Tina....just WOW."

I sat through this HWA event bored to tears. I played "snake" on my cell phone during most of it. Tina knew some guy who knew a guy who was friends with the guy (get all that?) who was hosting this after party. So technically we weren't invited. I knew what is was going to be like...overly egotistical men, drunk and stoned and on roids...there for all of us pretty girls to look at. Yeah right. I wasn't even interested. I kept my head on straight. I smoked cigarettes and I enjoyed a beer or two every now and again...I mean I am a college freshman and I do attend parties...but this whole scene just wasn't my thing. I was a book nerd and on the dance team. I didn't worry about these bobbled-headed jock like boys. We pulled up to this house and I just knew I was in for a long long night. The place was packed and I could just tell by the people here that it was going to be just a doozy. I checked to make sure that my wallet and pack of cigarettes were in my back pockets and my lighter and keys were in the front. There was no way in hell I was going to be carrying around a purse on this side of town. That's like a big red target for getting mugged. 

We made our way inside and immediately someone is handing me a red solo cup with a mysterious liquid in it. I'm no fool. I know it's alcohol, but who knows what else it's been laced with if you know what I mean. I tried to set it down somewhere, but there was no where so I just passed it off to Tina. It's not that I don't care for Tina's well being, but she'll drink anything regardless of what's in it. She has that reckless abandon personality that all the guys love because she's willing to say or do anything. I kind of stuck out like a sore thumb at this party with my chestnut brown hair and green highlights and wearing my Wright State Raiders sweatshirt. I was apparently the only one in the building getting a college education. We started making our way towards the back of the house where it was less crowded. I grabbed a bottle of Heineken and stood around. I didn't know anyone and Tina the social butterfly took off. I'm not anti social by any means but after being hit on for the third time in 5 minutes I was already done. I slammed the beer after the last guy came over. I don't usually do that but I thought if I just continuously drank it he'd get the picture and leave me alone.  I grabbed another beer and looked around for Tina. 

I found her on the other side of the room standing next to her wrestler crush drinking God only knows what and flirting. I wondered if she even noticed the girl on the other side of him flirting as well. I'm sure he was drinking it all up too. He looked like a guy whose head was too big for his shoulders. I walked right over to her as she did that annoying, girly, flirty drunken laugh for attention. I rolled my eyes and put my hands on her shoulders

"Tina...I'm going to go have a cigarette and put my sweatshirt in the car. I know you're really drunk and don't care but I'm telling you anyway."

With beer in hand I pushed my way out the front door. Thank god!! I could finally breathe! I walked over to the car and took off my sweatshirt and put it in the trunk. I set my beer on the hood and leaned against the car. I pulled my pack of cigarettes of of my pocket and attempted to light one. Of course my lighter wouldn't work and my car didn't have one either. 

"Need a light?"

I looked up to see Tina's "wrestling god" standing in front of me offering to light my cigarette.

"Sure" I said accepting the light and taking a drag 

"Thanks."

"No problem."

He walked over and leaned against the car next to me. I gave him a funny look and kind of backed away a bit. He lit up a cigarette of his own and looked over at me

"What?"

"What what? Why are you sticking around? Thanks for the light but uhh I kind of came out here to get away from all of you guys."

"Ouch! Well, that's not very nice. What's your name?"

"I'm Ashley. And you are?"

"Jon. I saw you at the show. You looked bored. Why'd you go if you didn't want to be there?"

"I went because my friend wanted to go to see you...not that I want to inflate your ego any further. I'll be honest with you. I don't like wrestling. I'm only here because Tina asked."

"So what's your problem with it? Had an ex-boyfriend who made you watch it?"

"What? No. I have my reasons." I answered dryly while taking another drag

"Ok. I know...it's too violent for you"

I raised my eyebrow at him "No. Look if you really want to pry...my dad is a drunk and he watches wrestling while he drinks. There ya go."

He looked down "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. It is what it is. So I guess you can say I have a rather jaded view of the sport."

"My mom is an alcoholic too."

"Oh. Now I'm sorry."

"Don't be." 

I looked over and he smiled. I smiled back. I put out the last of my cigarette and grabbed my beer.

"Well, it's been uhhh...fun?....I'm going to go find my friend."

"Ashley?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to stay?"

"Why?"

"Because I like you. I think you should stay and have fun"

I raised my eyebrow again "You like me?  Hmmm I don't know how I feel about that."

He laughed  "Yeah. Well, don't go reading too much into that."

"I wasn't going to."

Wicked Game (Dean Ambrose Fan Fic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें