Moving Again

I put the last box in the trunk of my car. I stood there and shook my head. This is the fourth or fifth time I've had to move. I've moved more in the last 3+ years than I have in my entire life. I didn't have much of my own stuff, but most of what I packed in the car belonged to Tyler. I had some clothes, knick knacks and photos but everything else that I owned was in Florida at the apartment already. I was excited this time. This time I was going to make it work no matter what.

"Got everything?"

I turned around and smiled. Josh was standing there smiling back at me. I could never in a million years repay him for everything he's ever done for me. I treated him like complete shit and used him for years and he still remained my friend. He was really my best friend in the whole world. He was always honest with me and truly cared about me. It was more than I could say for a lot of people in my life. He was the one person I was going to miss more than anyone.

"Yes, Josh I have everything. Thanks. Hey, look I don't know when I'll be back to visit or whatever but I just wanted to say thank you. Really. I mean it. You have always been just so amazing to me and always willing to help me. You never turned your back on me. And I did so many rotten and mean things to you over the years. And used you and hurt you. I'm so sorry Josh. I truly am sorry."

"Ashley you don't owe me an apology. I care about you and I'll always love you. I'm always here if you need me."

I got a little emotional and started to cry "You're my best friend in the whole world. Thank you so much Josh for everything. I love you."

He smiled and gave me a hug. I kissed his cheek and hugged him tighter

"Ashley this isn't goodbye. You don't have to cry. We can still talk on the phone and we can still visit every now and again. It is just a plane ride away. I'll see you later. You don't want to be late."

I strapped Tyler in his car seat and headed to the airport. Jon was flying in and then driving with me to Florida so I wouldn't have to go alone. I love how our airport is Cincinnati International Airport, but it's in freaking Kentucky!! Yeah...that's right Kentucky!! I parked the car and took Tyler out of the car and went in the terminal to wait for Jon. I checked the flight status and sat and waited. It looked like his flight was going to arrive on time so it wasn't going to be that big of a deal. I was chasing Tyler all over the terminal. He was becoming so independent...too independent. I picked him up just as my phone was going off. I checked and saw that it was Jon calling

"Hi! You're here? Ok we'll wait by baggage claim then"

I finally saw him in the distance and grinned from ear to ear. The closer he got to me I noticed that he had cut his hair. I smiled. It had been a while since I'd seen his hair that short. He held out his arms and knelt down. I put Tyler down and pointed at Jon and he took off to him. He picked him up and gave him a hug and then came over and kissed me. We waited for his bags. I couldn't stop smiling

"What?"

"Your hair. I love it. I haven't seen you with short hair in quite some time."

He smiled "You know what I haven't seen in a while?"