Florida Here We Come

I was so tired. I'd been putting in a lot of overtime at the school trying to tutor some of the failing kids. It was my last ditch effort to try to help them pass before the end of the year. I didn't feel like cooking so I stopped and picked up some Chinese food on the way home. All I wanted to do was go home, eat, take a shower and cuddle with Jon. I was so over this week. I was counting down the days until spring break. Jon never found out about what Josh and I had done, and after he came home I had an incredibly hard time keeping it quiet. I felt so horrible and guilty for what I'd done that I felt like if I just got it over with and told him that we could work through it. I called Tina and asked for her advice. We hadn't talked in a really long time and she was shocked that I could be so stupid. She SWORE she'd never tell, not even CJ so I'm hoping she keeps her mouth shut. 

I pulled into the lot and grabbed my purse and the food and started walking to our apartment. I stopped for a minute to take it all in. I really liked our complex. Lots of grass and trees and it was sunny. I was happy here. I walked the path to our building and climbed the stairs to our apartment. I fumbled around in my purse looking for my keys. I was kind of annoyed because no matter how big or small my purse was it felt like it was an endless abyss that swallowed my keys. I kicked the door a little hoping Jon was home and would answer, but he didn't so I dug around for a few more minutes. I opened the door and used my foot to close it.

"Jon!?"

I set my keys, purse and food on the table and walked down the hall towards our bedroom thinking maybe he was in the shower. But he wasn't there. "guess he's not home"  I changed into pajamas and started walking back to the kitchen. Suddenly he pops out from around a corner and grabs me. I screamed a little and slapped him on the chest

"JERK!  You scared me!"

He laughed "Sorry. I couldn't help it."

"Yeah I'm sure" I smiled  "Sorry about the Chinese food. I'm not in the mood to cook. I just want to eat, shower and cuddle with you for the rest of the night."

"No problem Ash. It gives us time to talk"

"About what?"  I asked as I pulled two glasses and plates out of the cupboard. 

"How do you feel about Florida?"

"The state?"

He nods. I shrugged

"I don't know. I like their orange juice."

We both laughed

"No seriously. Would you live there? Be honest"

I hadn't really given much thought to living there. Of course this is the first time it's ever come up or was even something to think about. I'll go where ever he goes so if he has to move to Florida then we'll move there. It doesn't matter to me at all as long as I get to be with him. Plus it's Florida!! Beaches, the ocean...I've never seen the ocean in my life, Disneyworld and Universal Studios. There's a million things I'd LOVE to do. The more I thought about it the more excited I got.

"Sure. Why?"

"Because I signed a developmental contract with the WWE and I need to be in Orlando by mid April."

"Woah! Wait...that's like less than a month. Jon, I'm in the middle of my school year I can't just up and leave my students like that."

"Ashley I've worked my whole life for this. All the death matches, chairs, barbed wire, light tubes, tables, forks...Ashley this is my dream. I can't turn this down. This would be a huge mistake not to do it. I thought you'd be happy for me"

"No...no no no Jon please don't misunderstand. I'm very happy for you. I'd never ever tell you not to go. I'm just concerned about my job is all. I'll go anywhere with you. If you have to go and be there in a few weeks then we'll go."

He smiled and stood up and pulled me out of the chair and hugged me tight. I smiled and gave him a kiss. He took over and took off my shirt

"Sooooo we're celebrating then....?"

He smirked and started backing me down the hallway

"Good thing I wasn't hungry for dinner or anything"

He laughed and closed the bedroom door. I took a shower and put on some pajamas and came out of the bedroom. Jon had cleaned up the dinner stuff and was sitting on the couch watching wrestling. I went over and sat next to him. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer. I rested my head on his shoulder and watched with him. I didn't understand any of it. After all of these years I was still completely oblivious to it. Sure I didn't hate it anymore like I used to, but I still didn't get it. I felt kind of bad because this was Jon's dream and I couldn't wrap my head around it. I watched it with him from time to time to at least show a little interest. I looked up at him and he smiled and kissed my forehead. He was so happy and I could tell he was excited. I was excited for him, but I wasn't super thrilled at the idea of having to quit this job mid school year. I knew once we moved down there that I'd have a hard time finding a job. I'd probably end up a temporary substitute on an on call basis until the next school year. But I will always support his dream. He has busted his ass every single day to be where he is. Even though I didn't understand wrestling or pay attention I always saw how hard he worked for it. I was starting to doze off. I was SO tired and work was exhausting.

"Ashley...are you still awake?"

"Mmmhmm"

"Tell me one thing you want to do when we get to Florida and I'll make it happen"

I smiled and thought about it for a second "I want to see the ocean. I've never been and I've always wanted to."

"Done. We can do that. Anything else?"

"You said just one thing."

"Yeah well, I'm feeling generous tonight so pick something else."

I grinned and kind of laughed "You won't want to do it."

"Just tell me."

"I want to go to Disneyworld"

"Yeah you're right. I don't want to do that, but I'll tolerate it for you."

I sat up and threw my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.  He smiled and pulled me onto his lap. I was very excited about going to Florida now. I yawned and laid my head on his shoulder. Really I just wanted to go to bed, but I didn't want to spoil his night so I was trying hard to stay awake. I closed my eyes for just a second and fell asleep