Reception

Jon and I took pictures and then headed to our reception site. I was on cloud nine. This was the absolute best day of my life and I never wanted it to end. He helped me out of the car and pulled me to him for a hug. I looked up and smiled and he smiled back

"You look gorgeous."

I blushed and looked down. He gently lifted my head and moved my hair out of my face

"Ash...you're eyes are still too beautiful to hide"

I giggled and kissed his cheek. "I did it just for you."

He smirked "It's been a long time since you've done that. Do you remember the reason you told me you did that?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. After a while it just became my 'signature look'. When did I say it?"

"I was driving you back to your dorm the morning after we had first met. You told me that you hide your eyes because they're the gateway to your soul and that you prefer that people not see yours."

"I do remember that. I didn't trust a lot back then. I was afraid that if I had to face people that they'd figure me out right away."

"You trusted me though...Why?"

I thought about it for a minute and half smiled

"Because I liked you. You saw the real me when no one else did."

"Want in on a secret?"

I nodded "Sure"

"I knew the day we met that we'd end up where we are now. I knew you were going to be the girl I married. I loved you the moment I met you"

I squeezed him tight, kissed him and smiled. I took his hand and started walking towards the reception. We chose Paradise Cove as the place for our reception because it was right on the ocean...my other favorite thing about living here in Orlando (). We mingled around a little bit and I got to meet a ton of people that Jon worked with that I'd only ever seen on TV. Most of the guests were Jon's friends and co-workers which was fine with me. I obviously had no family and the two closest friends I have were in the bridal party. We sat through dinner and the speeches. It was finally time for our first dance.

We went onto the dance floor and "Marry Me" by Neil Diamond started to play.  I laid my head on his shoulder as we danced. He looked down and smiled and kissed me. Half way through the song I stopped and buried my face in his chest. He pulled me back and wiped the tears and smiled

"Happy tears I hope"

I nodded and smiled "Yes"

"I love you Ashley."

"I love you too."

We finished the dance and then it was time for the father/daughter dance. But since I didn't have a dad I used my stand in dad and danced to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland with Colby . It was kind of awkward, but fun. I didn't want to do the dance, but Jon insisted even if it was with Colby. We didn't really take it too seriously or anything and he has two left feet. It was a lot of laughs, but that was good because I think otherwise I would've lost it during the song. Colby cracked jokes the whole time and had me hysterically laughing

"Well, this is weird and kind of awkward"

"Yeah a little, but Jon insisted."

Since he insisted that I dance regardless of whether or not I had a parent present I made him do the mother/son dance with Tina. Watching those two dance was funny. And just to be a jerk I made sure they played "Perfect Fan" by the Backstreet Boys. Once Jon realized who was singing the song he made a face at me and I laughed. I looked around the room and saw that Mary and Josh were trying to keep Tyler entertained. I went over and picked him up and started dancing with him. He giggled and I looked across the room and saw Jon smiling at me. I winked and continued dancing with Tyler.

After the song was over and everyone else started dancing I went with Tyler over to the little platform overlooking the ocean and showed him the water. He turned around and saw Jon and ran to him. He scooped him up and stood next to me.

"What are you doing out here alone?"

I smiled "Just taking a break and showing Tyler the ocean"

The crashing waves were peaceful and it was a nice break from the loud music and overwhelming amount of people inside. I could've stayed out there all night, but we had guests and it was almost time to cut the cake. I put my head on Jon's shoulder and sighed. He kissed my forehead and we stood outside for a little while longer. They brought out our beautiful 3 tiered cake with tiny pearls and beautiful royal blue sugar flowers and did the whole cake cutting. I was nice about it and didn't smash it in his face, but I thought about it. The coordinator took over and started cutting the rest of the cake. We mingled a little more and tried to make our way to everyone. It was so hard to keep track of everyone we'd talked to already and some people wanted to talk longer than others. I kind of just came to the conclusion that I just wasn't going to be able to visit with every single guest/table. We were all called to the dance floor one more time for the last dance of the night. I LOVED the song that we picked. It was one of my favorites of all time; "Stand By Me" by BB King. I smiled through the whole song. Jon was having fun with it and spun me around and dipped me and gave me a quick kiss. I laughed. It was the perfect ending to a beautiful day. CJ and Tina took Tyler home with them for the week while we were on our honeymoon. I couldn't have imagined anything better than this. My whole life I spent dreaming of this day and I got everything I wanted and more. I was so excited to embark on this new chapter between us. It'd been 7 1/2 long years and it was time we did this.