32 | josh and freya's wedding: part 2

Start from the beginning

Tobi and I got off the stage, Tobi helping me down. The music began playing and everyone piled on the dance floor, while I sat down. I had to save my energy for all the singing I was going to do later. I took a sip of my water as a couple of people said they loved the speeches and I thanked them.

Simon sat down next to me. "You look absolutely beautiful today." He smiled, side hugging me as we watched everyone dancing on the dance floor.

"Thank you, Si." I smiled.

"No, I mean it. You look an eleven out of ten."

I laughed. "You're cute, especially in your suit." I sorted out his tie and he gazed into my eyes.

"I'm so happy I met you. I'm so happy we got close. I'm so happy you said yes to being my girlfriend. I've never been happier." He pecked my lips and we looked towards Freya and Josh who were dancing and joking around. "One day, that will be us up there. I promise." Simon smiled, and I returned the same smile of love and compassion.

***

It was now time for Freya and Josh's first dance so Lauren, Jasmine, Georgia and I all got up on stage. I was still barefoot and it felt amazing! Freya came on stage with us to introduce us. "Hello everyone! I hope you're all enjoying the night so far. For our first dance, the lovely ladies of Little Mix are singing for us. So please welcome my best friend and her band - Little Mix!" Everyone applauded as we walked on to the stage, Jasmine helping me up the stairs (Pesy ftw!). We stood there, our microphone's all in a row.

"This is for my two best friends. Congratulations." I smiled, the pair smiling at me as they got ready for their first dance, while we sorted out our microphones and the way we were going to stand. Jasmine was on the left, then me next to her, then Georgia and Lauren.

Lauren opened the song. "We keep behind closed doors, every time I see you, I die a little more. Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls, it'll never be enough. As you drive me to my house, I can't stop these silent tears from rolling down. You and I both have to hide on the outside, where I can't be yours and you can't be mine..." Lauren's eyes were watering, tears brimming her eyes. This song is probably my favourite, but it's always a sad song to sing. "But I know this, we got a love that is homeless. Why can't I hold you in the street? Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor? I wish that it could be like that, why can't it be like that? 'Cause I'm yours. Why can't I say that I'm in love? I wanna shout it from the rooftops I wish that it could be like that.. Why can't it be like that? 'Cause I'm yours..."

It was now Jasmine's turn to sing."It's obvious you're meant for me, every piece of you, it just fits perfectly. Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep but I'll never show it on my face. But we know this, we got a love that is hopeless..."

"Why can't you hold me in the street? Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor? I wish that it could be like that, why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours..." I put my all into my part. I felt tears threatening to fall, but I held them in, trying not to ruin my makeup. "Why can't I say that I'm in love? I wanna shout it from the rooftops. I wish that it could be like that, why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours..."

It was now Georgia's turn to sing her little bit. "I don't wanna live love this way, I don't wanna hide us away. I wonder if it ever will change, I'm living for that day, someday."

"When you hold me in the street and you kiss me on the dance floor. I wish that we could be like that, why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours, I'm yours!" We put our all into singing this; I'd say it was our best performance.

"Why can't you hold me in the street? Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor? I wish that it could be like that, why can't it be like that? 'Cause I'm yours." Georgia continued from Jasmine, a tear rolling down her cheek, but she composed herself and didn't start crying, which I felt like I was going to do as I sang my part.

"Why can't I say that I'm in love? I wanna shout it from the rooftops. I wish that it could be like that, why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours!" I hit the high note, everyone cheering and clapping when I did. "Why can't we be like that? Wish we could be like that..." I finished as Josh and Freya stopped dancing, to turn to us.

I noticed Frey had tears in her eyes. "That was beautiful," she mouthed to me, clapping.

We all jumped off the stage, the girls helping me as I couldn't get down. "You girls were amazing!", "that performance was astounding!", "you've got true talent". Compliments were thrown at us and we thanked everyone who gave us one.

I went over to Freya who immediately embraced me in a hug. "Thank you for making this wedding the best day of my life. It wouldn't have been perfect without you." Freya told me, a tear rolling down her face.

I wiped it away and smiled. "It has to be perfect, you deserve it Freya. I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled,

We all went our separate ways. Georgia and Jasmine stayed on the dance floor, while Lauren and Tobi were in the corner talking about something that looked important. I sat back down with an orange juice, sipping it slowly. Simon came and sat down next to me. "I'm so tired," I mumbled, putting my head on his shoulder and my hands on my bump. I felt a little kick and grabbed Simon's hand, putting it on my belly.

His eyes lit up and he looked deliriously happy. "That's my little football player. Oli Minter." He beamed. I can tell Simon is going to be an amazing dad and I can't wait for the day little Oli is brought into this world.

"Hey, you never know, he could take after me and be a singer." I laughed.

"Hey," Lewis said, coming up to us.

"Hiya," we both replied, enthusiastically.

"I know we've all had arguments and stuff, but yeah I just wanted to see if we're alright, because Simon, you're one of my best friends and Lottie, you've been there since the beginning."

"Yeah, we're good." Simon and I said in sync again.

"Also, I want to congratulate you on the baby. It's gonna be adorable." Lewis smiled and that's when it finally clicked. The thing that had been bothering me: Lewis could be the dad, too.

"Do you want to feel him kicking?" I asked.

"Is he kicking?" Lewis asked.

"Yeah,"

Lewis came around the table and put his hand on my tummy. "That's so cool. I've never felt a baby kick before." He knelt down and spoke to my tummy. "Hey Oli, it's your uncle Lewis."

I looked at Simon and smiled, to which he returned. I'm so happy all this arguing is over.