Chapter 26, Friends and Lovers

Start from the beginning

.............

Even though she and Tan had only been there once,  he was relying on Dok's directions.  How she remembered was beyond his understanding.  

When they pulled into the underground,  they could see Knot's and Tat's motorcycles parked side by side.  Tat's looked so much smaller than Knot's.  They also recognised P'Tum and Fang's car.  It was parked only two spots away in the visitor parking.  All the spots were gone.  "Looks like a lot of the guests are already here."

Kong opened the door and with a big gleaming smile welcomed them in.  Prem, unlike the rest,  had never seen Arthit's and Kong's apartment,  but,  touring it would have to wait.  He and Wad were treated like the guests of honour and every eye in the room was on them.  Knot started it first,  he let go of Tat and started clapping, soon after the whole room was cheering the newly reunited couple.

Arthit came around the corner of the kitchen,  he had hired a couple of cocktail waiters and had been giving them drink orders for his guests.  

He walked straight to Prem and hugged him.  "Welcome my friend."  

Prem looked around the beautiful apartment,  there were flowers everywhere.  An arrangement on the dining table,  a large one in the corner where Arthit and Kong had a collection of trinkets on a shelf.  There were even flowers in big pots out on the patio walkway.  "Arthit,  don't ever let anyone say you don't know how to do it up right."  He grabbed both sides of Arthit's face and gave him a big kiss on the forehead.  "Thank You Arthit,  Thank You."

He hadn't even had a drink yet and Prem grabbed Wad and started to dance with him.  Kongpop was serving as DJ and had some sweet tunes playing.  While he was spinning Wad around he waved to his editor Calliope,  she interestingly enough,  was seated next to P'Dear on the sofa,  their foreheads were almost touching and they were lost in talk.

Tan saw his brother Nong'Tee,  and,  since Dok had gone off to find Praepalin,  he joined them,  he was on the balcony with Fuse.  They told Tan they had just taken the un-guided tour, since the balcony extended along in front of all the main rooms,  you could see the whole place without leaving the suspended walkway.  

There were people in every room,  even Arthit's and Kong's bedroom were open for the guests to mill about.  Dat,  Mali and their boys were there,  they found the two gears hanging exactly where Arthit had taken the photo,  the one he put on Facebook.  The knob of Arthit's bedside table.  Both girls let out a long squeaky, "Aww!"

............

..............

Mali pointed out to the boys the little wooden art mannequin,  "Why do you think this little guy has his hands tied behind his back?"  She pointed to a string that looked like a shoelace,  it was around the wrists of the wooden figure.