Split Up

The groups moved further away from each other as they headed separate ways along the wall. Tommy and Nick headed back along the path the whole group had taken previously to reach the gate. Ashlie, Cory, and UNi stumbled along a path on the opposite way.

Nick and Tommy glanced around the inner workings of the restricted area. Nick's gaze fell on his taller blond friend, who was tromping along beside him, his hands in his jean pockets and his gaze focused on the nearby trees. "I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Tom." He spoke, breaking the hard silence like a pick axe on ice. Tommy's brown eyes shot over to his brunette friend and he turned his head to look at him. 

"Of course, Nick. They totally didn't mean to make me feel like I'm not a member of this group." Tommy answered, his voice reaching the higher tenor although it didn't disguise the bitterness worked into it. Nick's lips curved into a frown, his brown eyes focusing on his friend's troubled brown ones. "I promise they didn't mean that, Tom. Some people just can't handle your jokes when they are in a life or death situation." He spoke, never breaking eye contact with his friend.

Tommy blinked slightly, looking startled. "But don't jokes help with the tense mood?" He questioned, sounding very confused. "Not everyone thinks that. I'm sure Cory and UNi just want to be alone with their thoughts right now-" He shuddered at the thought. "-but don't think ill of you for being yourself." He answered. Tommy's gaze cleared as he listened to his words. "I suppose you're right.. You won't mind my jokes, though, will you?" He asked hopefully. "Of course not, Tom."

The male broke out into a grin. Nick could feel the newfound happiness surrounding his partner. Nick smiled and chuckled silently to himself, the only indication the slight shaking of his shoulders. Tommy glanced around the dark area as they walked under a thick canopy of trees. His smile faded as he noticed movement out of the corner of his eye.  "Hey Nick... Did you see that?" He asked as he looked over at his friend.

"I didn't see anything." He spoke, confusion lacing his voice. "This isn't one of your jokes, is it?" Tommy shook his head. "I swear I'm being serious." He said, his voice indicating his truth. Nick turned his head, his gaze sweeping from one tree to another. His gaze settled on Tommy again. "I don't see anything." He said, worry now worming it's way into his voice. Tommy looked around the area once again. "I could have sworn I saw something move out of the corner of my eye." He answered. "Maybe it was a bird or something." Nick suggested.

Tommy nodded, mostly to himself. "Maybe you're right." He spoke to convince himself. "Tell me immediately if you see something again." Nick said. Tommy nodded to his friend. "Alright." He looked up into the sky, which struggled to be visible through the thick copse of trees. Nick glanced around him again, his eyes falling on a dark shape near a pallet building. He blinked. "Tom, what do you think that is?" He asked his friend. Tommy shrugged. "Let's go check it out."

The two made their way over to the shape, which loomed over them in the form of a giant hook. "It's like something for the world's largest fish." Tommy spoke. Nick took a step backwards. "This thing smells of trouble." "And old blood." Tommy intervened. Nick pushed his glasses up his face with a frown carved into his expression.

"I wonder what it's-" Tommy cut himself off, spinning to face behind them. "Okay, don't freak out Nick. I heard a voice." He added, his gaze raking around the area close to them. Nick's frown deepened. "Tom, I didn't hear anything." He said worriedly. Tommy's head turned to Nick's, a wild look in his eyes. "I heard something like a voice. I'm dead serious." He said. Nick moved closer to his friend and laid a hand across his shoulders.

"Maybe we should walk back to the gate. You must have somehow hit your head when we got here." Nick spoke softly and carefully, a visible gentleness in his eyes. Tommy shook his head wildly. "No. It was a voice. I swear it." He spoke. "There it is again." He added, lifting a finger thoughtfully. Nick listened but only heard the faint wind blowing. A frown etched itself upon the chiselled face of the brunette.

"I only hear the wind." He answered. "It's a voice. Honest to God, it's a voice." Tommy argued. "Come here, come here. I shall help you escape. That's what it keeps saying." He added. Nick blinked in confusion. "A-alright, Tom. Just stay away from it." He finally replied. Tommy looked into the distance with a dazed expression. "Yeah. Yeah. I'll try." He said. "It just wants to help, though. It could be somebody else stranded here." He whispered softly to himself, trying to convince himself that he was hearing everything correctly.

Nick looked back at the hook and shook his head quickly then looked back at the manor house. "There is something sinister here that should be avoided at all costs..." He mumbled, although Tommy only heard him as if from a distance. Nick turned the taller man away from the hook and the trail behind him, pushing him away due to him not seeming to respond for himself.

"Help is all you need. Come to me."  A voice floated through the breeze.