Regrouping

Ashlie looked at her friends with a small frown. UNi ruffled his blue hair and adjusted his dirtied glasses with a small sigh. Cory squirmed restlessly nearby, messing with his bandages and stitches. "Cory, stop messing with them." UNi spoke as he noticed the blond's movements. Cory shook his head and grunted. "Fine."

Ashlie looked over at her two blond friends, the frown deepening at Tommy's drooping stance. She wanted to comfort him in some way, but she knew that he would only shoo her away, saying that she wouldn't understand. She felt at the glasses in her shallow short pockets, biting her lip. She also knew that Tommy also felt bad about Nick's condition, and she wanted the brunette to be with her more than anything, but they needed to focus on getting out of this place first.

"Are we just going to stand here or are we going to accomplish something?" Cory asked boredly. The others knew by his expression that he was in pain and just wanted to escape this hell. "We only have two or so generators left to do, so we should get moving." UNi suggested with a hopeful tone. Cory nodded. "If we only have that many left, maybe we should split up again, since that seemed to work so well last time." Tommy spoke up, trying to sound cheerful.

The other three looked dubious. "I'm not sure that's such a good idea. That worked well for us, but you and Nick, not so much." Ashlie intervened, managing a small smile. "I understand you just want to get out of here, but at this point we need to stay together. We aren't sure what the Siren's next plan of action will be." She added when she noticed the taller blond's frown. Tommy's brown eyes darted between his three friends, a look of renewed hope on his face. Cory started walking. "Let's get going then."

                                                                          ----------------------

The Siren watched the group through a particularly thick copse of trees, a rusty knife gripped loosely in her her hand. Nick stood beside her, keeping low but remaining close to the female. "Ah, the hope of escape for the fresh mind. If only they knew how wrong they were." She purred in delight, her bright red eyes shining in front of her. Nick glanced at the Siren out of the corner of his eyes, although he said nothing.

"Just a word to the wise, my puppet. If you are considering struggling out of my control, you will be killed immediately." The girl spoke in the brunette's head without looking at him. He blinked his big brown eyes. "Don't think I didn't notice the subtle notes of your wish for escape." She added. The pleasure was no longer in her voice and it was replaced with a deadly serious tone. "I've heard the few thoughts you've had to yourself. Why do you think I'm sending you after the she-witch first? It isn't out of the goodness of my nonexistent heart." She continued.

The brunette froze as if he had been caught snooping. "I will have to reinforce my hold. You are certainly the most stubborn people I've come across in my years-very hard to break." She pointed out, although it wasn't a compliment by the tone of her voice. She forced the brunette to turn his gaze to her.

"I want you to trail them. They may split up at some point and I want you to be there when they do." She commanded with a no-nonsense tone of voice. Nick slowly nodded his head. "I will probably stay here for a bit before returning to the manor. Return to me victorious or return to me for death."

She forced the male to stand and ushered him on his way. "Do not let them become aware of your presence until you are ready to strike." She spoke in his head as he disappeared from her sight. She twirled her knife with a deft flick of her hand as she moved from behind a tree. "Now the question is whether I want to go a different route after them or wander." She mumbled to herself. A malignant smile worked its way onto her lips as she walked off.

                                                                                ----------------------

Tommy looked at Cory out of the corner of his eye as he walked along beside the short dark ginger. The blond seemed intent on remaining quiet and staring straight ahead. The British man was walking beside him quietly, his hands idly messing with some fabric on his shirt. Ashlie looked over at Cory with a small frown. Cory tore his gaze away from ahead of him and looked at the three around him.

"Why are you staring at me?" He questioned with a hint of fear. They immediately looked away. "Is something wrong? Did I pull my stitches apart?" He pressed on. "No, no. Your stitches are fine, Cory. We were just wondering how you were doing." UNi intervened gently. Tommy opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it. Ashlie looked over at the taller blond, and then the other. "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" He answered.

"Because you're hurt." Ashlie spoke while looking at Tommy. "It's not a big deal. UNi helped me out and I'm fine now." Cory pressed. UNi adjusted his glasses with a worried glance. "You can tell us if you need to stop and take a break." He said. "We don't need to do that." Cory argued. "The faster we get the generators fixed, the faster we can help Nick and escape." He added. UNi made a face. "Alright..."

Ashlie was still watching Tommy. He looked away from Cory and kept his gaze fixed on the ground below him. She reached out to gently touch his arm. "Tom? Is everything alright? It's not the Siren is it?" She whispered comfortingly. Tommy blinked his brown eyes and looked over at the ginger quickly. "No, of course not! I'm just counting the specks of dirt on the ground!" He spoke, trying to push as much enthusiasm into his words as he could. Ashlie frowned, her blue eyes fixed on him, although she didn't say anymore.

                                                                                      --------------------

UNi maneuvered the group through some trees. He looked back at the three behind him, carefully checking Cory over with his gaze. Cory was currently the last person in line of the group. UNi noticed the sweat trickling down the sides of his face. He pressed on, trying to get them away from the trees as quickly as possible.

Ashlie glanced at Tommy out of the corner of her eye. Tommy looked at UNi and then at the surrounding trees. "I think we're near the area where Nick and I first moved." He spoke. UNi turned his gaze back at the two walking together. "How are you sure? You said you didn't remember that time." Tommy shook his head. "I'm not sure. It's just a feeling I have." He said.

Cory remained silent, trudging along behind them. "If you're sure. Did you hear a generator?" He asked. Tommy shook his head. "I-I don't know. I don't remember such finite details." Ashlie looked around the area, casting a quick glance at the trailing blond. She moved over to UNi. "I think we should stop. Cory doesn't look so good." She whispered. "We have to get through this copse of trees before we can stop." He answered, although she could hear the worry in his voice.

They walked along for another few feet before a thump sounded behind them. "Cory!" Tommy exclaimed, causing Ashlie and UNi to quickly turn around to face the two. Cory had face planted on the ground, his back moving with quick, shallow breaths. Tommy was kneeling beside him, reaching to move him off his stomach. The two quickly joined him and moved the blond around, propping him against a tree. UNi lifted up the blond's shirt and examined the stitches, sweat dripping onto his hands.

"Guys, this isn't good."