Conflict

The Siren walked further into the house, the shadows shifting and dispersing where the moonlight flooded in through cracks in boards. Nick followed obediently, his movements mechanical and choppy, like strings pulling his body forward. The Siren smirked to herself as she focused on Tommy, his thoughts echoing in her head. "Oh, dear pet. It's a shame you're going to die in the end." She thought with feigned sorrow. She felt a prick of intense delight that nearly choked off her breathing for a short second.

She halted mid-stride and turned to face Nick. His bright eyes shone in the darkness, his large pupils focused on the shorter girl in front of him. The Siren had no use in feeling the pleasure of someone she thought was attractive or not, but was hit by the intense pressure she felt towards the male-he was attractive, even without his glasses. "Tommy, pet. Come over here." She called the way she had come. Footsteps echoed throughout the destroyed building as the tall male approached her. The bright blond and blue eyes of the male appeared in the doorway and he stood before her, awaiting orders.

"Pet, you will stay here with me. I have a mission for the beauty." She spoke as she looked between the two. A flash of doubt crossed the male's face, but it quickly vanished. "Siren, should we do that? We aren't sure if your hold on him is strong enough." He questioned. She shook her head. "I have plans for you if the group can get through to the man. That will involve you then." She argued, her sweet voice even and cool. Tommy nodded. "Yes Siren." He answered. She turned to Nick and her gaze ran over the male quickly. "Now, I will send you out to your friends." She said. Tommy bit his lip slightly. "And what will be the point of that?" He asked. "I am going to stir things up a little. I want results for this." She replied.

She glanced at Tommy quickly and then at Nick. "Go now, puppet." Nick walked off. "He's going to kill them. He's going to kill them. He's going to hurt someone." A voice echoed in Tommy's head, making the male blink and catch his breath in surprise. The Siren looked over at the male, but remained silent. "My hold on him will not last. If the puppet does not return victorious, I must have him kill the pet." She thought in disdain. The Siren spun on her bare heel and walked into the darkness, leaving Tommy behind in the doorway.

--------------------

Nick walked towards the spot he had fought with Tommy, his slow movements deliberate and calculated. He stared ahead, his pupils glancing around the area. He was slightly aware of the feeling of the Siren tugging his body along, as if being pulled by a puppet's strings, the presence of the Siren trailing him as if she was behind him and leading his every movement. He moved to the generator as the hum and whirl became louder, along with voices. He felt a smirk pull at his lips as he approached them.

Ashlie spun in a circle. "I hear footsteps." She whispered through a strained breath. Cory and UNi slowly spun to face the direction she was facing, their ears pricked for noises. They heard the tell-tale crunch and shuffle of shoes on dirt and leaves. They all held their breath, intentionally or not. Bushes rustled and a familiar male shape appeared before them. Ashlie stepped forward in excitement, tears springing into her eyes. A quiet snap echoed throughout the area. She glanced down, her eyes widening. "Nick's glasses!" She bent down and picked them up, examining them. "I broke them..." She whined.

"Ash." A voice spoke urgently. She stared at the glasses sadly. "Ash!" She was shoved out of the way as a body thumped on the ground where she had previously stood. Her wide eyes settled on the male in front of her. Cory glanced down at her in shock. "T-that was Nick..." He whispered. Her head snapped to her right and she looked at the shape slowly standing. Moonlight filtered behind him and lit his features. "Nick..." Ashlie breathed in surprise. The male stared back at her, his blue eyes glowing unusually bright against the moon.

UNi remained rooted where he was, his brown eyes wide with shock and horror. "Welcome to the party, friends." Nick spoke, although it sounded warped and unlike his normal buttery smooth voice. Cory moved aside and Ashlie stood. "Nick..." She repeated, seemingly the only word she could manage. Tears trailed down her cheeks. "What is happening?!" She shouted with sudden ferocity. "A trial of sorts. You'll find out soon." The voice said and Ashlie clenched her fists, crunching the glasses. Nick advanced towards her, his gaze still locked on hers. There was no familiar light, or joy that shone in his eyes at that moment. Only a cold excitement.

Cory reached out to pull her back, but his hand never reached her arm. Suddenly, Nick lunged towards Ashlie, the glint of a metal object in his hand. Ashlie's eyes widened, the anger dissolving into terror within a flash. She moved her hand up to protect herself, the moonlight suddenly being blotted out by a shape. A sickening gush sounded as the blade struck a target. A spurt followed as it was slowly pulled away from the body. The shape fell to the ground and was again replaced by the shape of the brunette male, his blue eyes shining with a malicious delight and a large, sickening grin on his face.

UNi snapped out of his horror-stricken stupor and ran over to his two friends. "Cory!" He shouted. Ashlie stared at the shape of her blond friend, blood slowly seeping out around his unmoving body.

A sharp, piercing wail echoed throughout the confines.