Disappearance

Nick looked around the area with a look of horror plain across his face. "Tommy!" He shouted to the sky. The only response was the sound of the wind picking up. He bit his lip, then hesitantly turned and started walking back the way the two had started from. He glanced around the area, hoping to catch sight of his tall blond friend.

                                                                                    ------------------

Ashlie looked back to her other two partners, slowing to a halt. Cory and UNi gradually halted as well. "What is it, Ash?" Cory asked with a slight tightness to his voice. "Did you hear that voice? It sounded like Nick." She spoke, her hands to her ears to see if she could pick up the voice again. UNi shook his head;he then ran a hand through his hair. "Are you sure you heard correctly, Ashlie?" He questioned. She nodded quietly to herself, focusing on the voice. She shushed them with a finger to her lips, her ears pricking as the wind picked up once again.

The silence between the three was broken with a familiar high wail. "That's-that's definitely Nick..." Cory said in shock. UNi nodded his shocked consent. "I think he's calling Tommy's name.." Ashlie said through a barely managed whisper. The boys nodded silently, their eyes wide with surprise and a suppressed horror. "We have to go make sure everything is okay." Cory said, his voice much stronger than what the other two could have managed. They murmured their consent and took off running the way they came from.

                                                                               -------------------

Tommy walked through the debris and roots as if on autopilot. He wanted to go back the way he had come-back to Nick-but his feet wouldn't listen to his demand. His ears picked up the sound of singing, a beautiful voice that immediately dispersed his thoughts of Nick and his friends. The only thought he could manage was moving his body closer to the ever-approaching voice.

He tripped over a root, but even then his feet wouldn't stop moving. He regained his footing quickly and continued on his journey towards the manor house. The song faded until he could only hear a white noise, like static had taken over his brain. Through the heavy emptiness in his head he heard a voice:"Come, come. Loyal subject of the Siren, continue your journey to me." It coaxed through a persuasive voice.

"Yes, yes. My pet."  The voice seemed to hiss, but Tommy didn't have the will to consider the mysterious words; he continued on his way until his body led him to the door of the manor house. Red eyes peered through the darkness, slowly approaching the tall male. He watched in a stupor, as if frozen in place. A bright ray from the moon cast over the figure, revealing a battered female with a tattered t-shirt and knee-length skirt. Crusty blood covered her clothing and her relatively long hair was thin from ripped out chunks of hair. She was in her bare feet.

A wide grin spread across the girl's face, her red eyes glimmering with pleasure. She moved a step closer, coming face to face with the tall male, which stood almost a foot taller than her. "Welcome, my beautiful pet." Her voice was as smooth as silk and as persuasive as the best politician's. "Wh-Who are...you?" Tommy managed through great constraint. "I am what you will refer to as the Siren, dear pet." The female answered, trailing a hand down the male's face, her grin never leaving her face.

"S-Siren." Tommy said, focusing his brown eyes on her glowing red ones. She looked deep into his eyes. "You will serve me well, foolish man. Your friends will never know what happened." She spoke, her voice dripping with pleasure. "Out of the five of you, you were the only one able to hear my song. The others won't hear it unless you open their ears to my beauty." She added. "You're beauty. I will show them your beauty." Tommy spoke through a trance. "Wonderful. I have a special request before I kill you." "What is it?" He asked quietly, as if whispering.

"Fool your friends into believing there is nothing here. I want them to be able to hear my voice." She requested. Tommy nodded absently, his eyes flashing a bright, light blue before fading to their original brown. "I will give you enough will to speak for yourself, but I will always be watching your progress. And one more thing." She spoke. "Bring me the male with the blue hair. He will make a good experiment for my new trick." She added. The female snapped her fingers and he suddenly stood straight, looking alert.

His eyes widened in horror at noticing the female so close to him. "Do not be alarmed. Remember my request." She spoke in his mind. He blinked as the plans clicked in his mind. "Oh yes, that." He replied after a short silence of consideration. "I will get it done, I swear." He turned and ran out of the house, casting only one glance back towards the house quickly.