Face-to-Face

The Siren examined the two before her. "Puppet, kill them. The girl first." She commanded. Tommy moved defensively in front of Ashlie, his gaze locked on Nick as he advanced on them, his blue eyes alight. Ashlie placed her hands on Tommy's back and leaned up towards his ear. "Don't hurt him." She whispered. He nodded slightly. She moved down, feeling the brunette's glasses shift in her short pocket. Tommy's brown eyes darted to the Siren fearfully. He knew she was going to try something, but he wasn't sure what.

The Siren toyed with her weapon absently, seemingly not paying attention to the confrontation. The wind picked up, causing her torn hair to blow in her face. "So, my beautiful pet, are you going to continue getting in my way?" She asked him in his head. He tried to act like the voice didn't startle him. "Until my last breath." He thought in answer. "Then that shall be arranged." She replied.

Ashlie felt the blond tense under her hands and she glanced up at him. She noticed the blue specks in his eyes once again. She watched him, furrowing her brows. "Now Tommy, can't you just move away from Ashlie? I promise I won't make it too brutal." Nick spoke, his strange voice reflecting his delight. "Not going to happen." Tommy replied steadily. Nick kept advancing, twirling his knife. "What are we going to do, Tommy? We have to help Nick..." She whispered to the blond. "I'm not sure what to do." He whispered in reply.

"I thought you had a plan, wonderful pet." The Siren cooed in his head, her red eyes glowing brightly. "Why don't you just step aside?" She added. Tommy shook his head. "No. I'm not moving." He replied somewhat unsteadily. Ashlie looked up at the blond, her blue eyes widening in fear. "Tommy, go find UNi. I'll try and help Nick." She spoke. He lowered his arms and looked at her. "Are you sure?" She nodded.

He furrowed his brows and steadied his gaze on the brunette advancing on them. "Be careful. It's not as easy as you'd think." He whispered and ran off. Ashlie watched him go before turning her gaze on the two before her. "Now it's just you and me, Siren." She said. The Siren nodded and looked at her hands, using her knife to file her nails. "It seems so. My poor pet couldn't handle my presence. I hope he doesn't hurt your friend." She replied, a malicious smile working its way onto her lips.

The ginger put her hands down to her sides and felt the glasses in her pocket. She could feel her resolve grow stronger. She was going to get Nick back, no matter what. She wanted the intimate nights to come back, and she wasn't going to stop until she got them back. She focused on the brunette and smiled. His blue eyes still glowed with an intense hunger, but he seemed to have faltered slightly. She took a step towards him. He stopped, watching her. She spread her arms at either side of her body.

"Go ahead, Nick. Stab me or do whatever you want to kill me."

                                                                                          ---------------

Tommy ran through the woods, looking around wildly. He wanted to yell out for the male, but he didn't want to cause any unnecessary noise.  He slowed to a walk and glanced around. He breathed out and closed his eyes. He didn't know why the Siren's words made him feel so anxious. He thought of the time he spent as the Siren's pet and shuddered. Nick's shouts as he advanced on him were sure to haunt his dreams. He opened his brown eyes and searched the surrounding area, hearing the hum of a generator and the clank of gears as they started. In front of him stood the hunk of metal in question, and beside it was UNi, leaning against it.

He crouched down next to him. "UNi?" He asked fearfully. The Brit looked up at the sound of his friend's voice. "Tommy. What are you doing here?" He questioned, wiping some dirt from his glasses. "I came to look for you." He replied, hesitating on mentioning the Siren and Nick. The male furrowed his brows in confusion and fear. "Is it Cory? Has he gotten worse?" He asked quickly. The blond shook his head quickly. "No, no. It's actually the Siren." He spoke, his brown eyes focused on the male in front of him.

UNi's expression immediately changed to one of anger. "What about her? Has she kidnapped Cory too?" He spat. Tommy instinctively flinched back from the male's anger. "No. She came for us." He whispered. "And you left Ashlie and Cory alone?!" He shouted. Tommy looked at the ground in shame and then looked back up, something inside him snapping.

"You have no idea how hard it is to see her again! You don't seem to think so, but I regret everything I did while I was her pet!" He clenched his fists against the ground. "She isn't just some pain in the ass, she's a mental manipulator!" He shouted, his brown eyes alight with anger. UNi opened his mouth to stammer a response, his large brown eyes wide in surprise, his anger forgotten.

"Oh, Tommy. I didn't mean to-" "Save it, UNi." Tommy interrupted and stood. UNi watched him forlornly. "Are you going to help us or not?" Tommy asked. UNi quickly stood and brushed the dirt off of his clothes. He watched the blond sadly. "I didn't mean to make you angry." The blue-haired male whispered. Tommy froze.

"Tommy?" He asked, moving closer to him. Tommy cried out, clutching his head. "Tommy!" UNi exclaimed in horror. The male fell to the ground, gasping. "I may be free, but her influence still lingers." He spoke through gasps. UNi crouched next to the male and watched him. "What is she doing? Can I help?" He questioned. The male closed his brown eyes. "Get back to the others. I don't want to hurt you."

"I'm not leaving another person behind!" UNi argued. Tommy opened his eyes and glanced at him. The brown was dull, hinted with specks of blue. "Please, UNi." He pleaded. UNi shook his head. "I'm staying until you're okay."
                                   ----------
Nick moved closer to Ashlie, readying his knife. Ashlie watched him without flinching. He moved until he was face-to-face with her and stopped, his eyes boring into hers.

Suddenly, he tackled her, raising his knife to stab her. She didn't fight him, but she watched his movements. If the Siren's spell could withstand this, she was ready to die. He started to drive the knife down towards her chest. She squinted her eyes, ready for the pain. She opened her eyes when she never felt it. The blade had stopped right above her chest. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Nick..."

Waking Nightmares|NewScapeSquad FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara