Gearing Up

UNi backed up, his eyes widening in horror, "Nick, you can't do this!" He exclaimed desperately, "Oh but he can, and he will." The Siren spoke with a look of sick pleasure. Nick's own facial expression reflected the Siren's pleasure, "He's too far gone to call him back. He's my little play thing to command." She explained.

UNi glanced around, trying to find something to fend off the brunette. When he found nothing he turned back to Nick with a desperate expression. It wasn't possible. His friend had to be in there somewhere.

Suddenly, Nick lunged for the taller male and UNi squeaked before back-pedaling, "No! Nick, stop!" He shouted, spit flying out of his mouth, although he didn't care. He was going to die. One of his best friends was going to kill him.

                                                                              --------------

Off in the distance, a terrified cry floated through the air. Cory stood immediately, looking at the others, "It's time." Tommy said somberly. Ashlie held a hand to her chest as she looked in the direction the two were, "We have to go now." She spoke and took a deep breath, looking at the boys. She knew someone was going to be seriously hurt in this fight, and she prayed that it wasn't Cory; he had already had so much to deal with because he had tried to protect her.

Tommy waved a hand in front of her face and snapped her out of her thoughts, "Come on, Ash. We need you focused." She nodded and the three took off in the direction the cry had come from.

                                                                               --------------

Nick swiped at UNi and the male stepped back again. He knew if he went any further back, he risked hitting a tree or tripping over a branch. At this point, he didn't care though-he just wanted to get away from Nick.

"Come on, UNi." The brunette mocked in his familiar strange voice, "Don't you want to die a hero's death?" UNi shook his head frantically, "There is nothing heroic to this! We didn't even get the generator!" He argued, his eyes darting to the young female standing nearby. She seemed content just watching UNi's breakdown.

"This fear is delicious. I wish I could have it for a meal." The Siren spoke up as she tilted her head slightly. Suddenly, the female turned her head as a smirk spread across her face, "So they've come. My dear puppet there is a change of plans."

Nick paused and turned away from UNi, a smirk spreading across his face, "If only I could get control over my pet. He would be useful." The female spoke wistfully. After Cory had forced her control away, she had been unable to get a hold of him like she previously had.

The three soon appeared, Ashlie and Cory breathless. Tommy noticed the Siren instantly, "Hello once again my pet. It's a shame we had to meet like this." The female said as she raised her eyebrow. Nick moved forward, his eyes darting to UNi for a moment, before turning to the two injured people.

Tommy moved protectively in front the two, his eyes narrowed at Nick, "I'm not letting you harm them." He said indignantly. His eyes flickered to the Siren. She was planning something, he could tell. Her bright red eyes were glittering with malice and her hands were clasped behind her back.

UNi was frozen where he stood. If he moved, the Siren was going to do something, "You know, I've always wondered what it felt like to be forced to harm your own friends." The female rambled as she walked up to Nick, running a hand down his chest fondly, "I've never met such a faithful puppet. Sure he was a little rampant at times, but he listens to everything I tell him." She continued as her hand stopped at his waist.

Cory and Ashlie straightened and looked at the two in front of them. Ashlie's eyes burned with fury. She wanted to step forward and attack the smaller female. The Siren held out her other hand, as if telling the female to stop. She lazily rolled her head to look at the taller girl, "Make one move, and I throw this knife at your friend's heart." She said as she gestured to the knife in the hand on the brunette's waist.

UNi's breath hitched as he realized who she was talking about. It was him, not the blond in front of his injured friends. Nick idly touched the female's cheek before turning to the other two. The Siren turned with him, twirling the knife in her hand, "Which one is first?" Nick spoke up, his eyes glinting with amusement. Not the humorous kind, the kind when he knew his prey was about to be felled.

No one had the time to respond before Nick launched into action, running straight towards Ashlie. UNi took off after him, determined to tackle the brunette before he reached her. At that point, his adrenaline had started pumping, so he felt no fear. Tommy was rooted to the spot where he stood, staring at the Siren.

Ashlie cried out and stepped back, tripping over her feet and crashing to the ground. Her wound ached and she knew it was because the person that had done it was so close. Nick swiped at the empty air before turning to fend off UNi, who had nearly reached the two.

Cory stepped back, reaching for a branch to steady himself. Everything spun and moved as dizziness settled in his head. He saw the shape of a woman approaching him as his vision blurred. A voice called out to him and his vision went dark as he thumped to the ground.

                                                                                     --------------

Tommy watched the nightmare unfold all around him shakily. His friends scattered, although he kept his gaze on the Siren before it wandered to Cory. He watched as his friend stumbled back and held his arm out, as if to steady himself. He stepped forward, "Cory!" He called as he ran towards him. The Siren was also advancing towards him, at a faster pace than the blond.

She held out a hand when she reached him, "I could just as easily kill this one. All you need to do is make sure that the witch is disposed off and I'll let this one go." She spoke as she stood over the unconscious blond, "How do I know you aren't just saying that?" He asked fearfully. He had already fought with Cory enough in this place, he would never forgive himself if he let him die.

The Siren pointed to the trio and Tommy turned his gaze to them. UNi had a deep cut on his hip and his face was dirty from grappling in the dirt. Nick stood over him with a victorious smile on his face, "All you have to do is give him the command to kill her." The Siren whispered in his ear seductively.

A small part of Tommy wanted to speak up and tell the brunette to do it, but he ignored that part of him, "I'm not letting you."

"Very well. I suppose all of you are going to die, then."