First Generator

Tommy slowed to a walk and glanced around the area, alert for any noises aside from his own. He felt in around his clothing to be sure that he didn't have any of the Siren's blood on him. He felt his cheek and grimaced as he pulled his hand away. He frowned as he saw the red blotch of blood on his hand. "Oh well, it'll make it more believable..." He muttered to himself and wiped the blood onto his jeans.

                                                                             -------------------------

Ashlie, Cory, and UNi slowed to a halt near the gate, catching their breath after running. Cory looked around. "We aren't at the gate yet." He puffed. Ashlie nodded. "I know." She looked around and spotted something glinting in the faint moonlight. She started to walk towards it. "Hey y'all, what's this?" She asked the boys over her shoulder. The two walked after her.

As they closed in, the glint of the moonlight faded and a discernible shape emerged. A giant metallic bulk sat before them. "A generator?" UNi asked in surprise. "Maybe this will get the power on so we can open the gate!" Ashlie exclaimed. Cory nodded. "But how do we fix it?" He asked. Ashlie crouched down near a panel and started pulling the wires within. UNi and Cory looked over at each other, before joining her.

                                                                         -------------------------

Nick slowed to a walk and looked around the area, pushing his glasses up from his nose. His heart was still beating incredibly fast and he was still jittery from panic, but he couldn't freak out when he found the other three-he couldn't. He shook his hands out and rubbed the sweat on his pants. He looked around the area once again, trying to catch sight of his friend. He looked into the debris of the manor house.

"What did Tommy mean by a voice?" He asked himself. "I have yet to hear something other than our friends..." He added. He listened to the wind blow, the faintest hint of a voice drifting through, though it could not be distinguished as a male or female. He frowned and he trekked on at a slightly faster pace.

He soon came to the gate he recognized from earlier and continued on the opposite direction, disregarding it for the time being. He moved on silently, keeping as calm as he could. After a few more minutes of walking he came upon a bright light and a noise like turning gears. He shielded his eyes from the sudden glow and searched the area amid the rays. In it stood three familiar figures.

"Ashlie, Cory, UNi!" He called with a smile. The figures turned to him and ran over to him quickly. Ashlie tackled him in a hug when they had closed the distance between them. "What happened? I heard you shouting... Where's Tommy?" She asked as she glanced behind him. Nick rubbed his neck, shaking his head slowly. "Nick?" Cory asked. He focused his eyes on the three. "He disappeared. We found this..hook-two actually. I stepped forward to examine the second one and turned around to ask a question and he was gone.."

Ashlie's eyes widened and she placed her hands over her mouth. Cory's brows furrowed and his blue eye glimmered with guilt in the moonlight. "It's my fault.. He probably didn't want to stay with us after what I said to him.." He spoke quietly. Nick shook his head. "No. Something wasn't right with him.. He said he heard a voice and then he became-" He flexed his hands as he searched for the right words to say.

"He became entranced with the voice.." He added. "It was like it had swallowed his conscious. He muttered to himself and repeated things the 'voice' had been saying. It was as if his mind had been overridden by this..desire." He added. Ashlie laid a supportive hand on his shoulder and the two boys patted him on the back quickly; this did nothing to calm the stricken look in his eyes.

"Where is he now, do you know?" UNi asked. Nick shook his head. "I came straight back to you guys after he disappeared. I didn't want to split up even further and have something else happen." Nick spoke. Ashlie nodded. "That was a good idea. It's hard to tell what could have happened to you as well. For all we know, he could be crushed in some rubble right now." Ashlie's voice took on a hint at sadness at picturing the tragic fate that could have befallen their friend.

UNi glanced towards the manor house. "We should check close to the manor house, there is more rubble there." He suggested. "No way. That house seeps danger." Nick argued. "But then where would we look?" Ashlie asked. Cory placed a finger on his chin. "Maybe close to the perimeter, but not hugging the wall." He spoke. "And if we don't find him, move further in." UNi added. Cory nodded.

Nick bit his lip until he could fee; the coppery taste of blood in his mouth. The aura he felt from that house terrified him and he wanted only to climb the walls to evade it entirely. "I suppose we don't have a choice." He mumbled to himself. Ashlie flashed a glance his way, her blue eyes soft with sympathy. The three of them could never imagine what Nick had dealt with up till this point.

"Were you just going to send a party out for lil' ol' me?"