Response?

Nick could feel his body moving over to the girl, although he struggled to do otherwise. Everything seemed so much further away than it was when he was previously out of control. It was as if his own body was merely a husk for someone else to use for their deeds. 

And he couldn't stop it.

"Your body is mine now. And wherever you are deep in there, you will watch as my puppet kills the rest of your friends. And you will be able to do nothing." The Siren's sweet voice cut into his small conscious. He could practically hear the smirk in her voice.

The brunette may not have had control over his body in that moment, but he could feel tears in his eyes. He had just hurt one of his best friends and there had been nothing he could do to stop it. Despair shivered through his conscious like a bolt of lightning. Why was it always him hurting the others?

                                                                                  ----------

The puppet smirked at the shocked faces of those around him as he walked over to the Siren. Ashlie had squeezed her eyes shut and refused to look in his direction. Tommy was frozen in his spot beside UNi. UNi's glasses were falling down his face, although he did nothing to try to adjust them. Nick reached the female and wrapped an arm around her waist.

The Siren laughed as if the gesture were something a normal couple would have done. She raised a finger and beckoned at the three. Tommy and UNi's hands began to lift the barely conscious Ashlie without pause.

The female's eyes flew open as she felt her body being lifted. UNi and Tommy's eyes looked down at their hands, "What is happening?" UNi asked shakily as he shrugged his shoulders, "I can't control my hands!" He exclaimed.

"UNi, calm down!" Tommy exclaimed, although his voice portrayed his equal amounts of shock as well. The Siren felt a malevolent smile form, "It's as if your bodies have begun unconsciously responding to my calls. Even though I can't completely control you, your bodies are still responding somewhat to my commands." She spoke.

"I suppose that is why it was so easy for me to manipulate the she-devil into my trap with the puppet." Nick responded, his eyes glowing in the dim light. The blue seemed brighter than ever. Ashlie shook her head, closing her eyes again, "No. I would never let you worm your way into my head."

"It's not a matter of whether you would let me into your head. I could get in regardless of if you had let me. My song has somehow become a part of your system, and I can control it as I wish."

"But only to a degree." Tommy cut in as his face filled with realization, "Your songs are only as strong as the system will allow."

"What does that mean?" UNi asked as his hair shook in the wind, "It means our systems will only allow as much control as the amount of the song it heard. And depending on when the control is gone, is how much stronger that hold can be." Tommy explained as he looked at the two in front of him.

"For once-" "You understand something." Nick and the Siren spoke in unison with similar smirks, "It's a shame it won't matter. This puppet is going to kill you in the end anyway." The Siren added and Nick tilted his head slightly, his blue eyes shining with restrained excitement.

The Siren turned back to the taller brunette, "Anyway, she-devil. It's about time you witnessed what your heart most fears." Her voice took on a hint of seduction as Ashlie's eyes opened wide. Tommy's hands throbbed from the strain of trying to get control back, and looking at UNi, he could tell the same was happening with him as well.

The Siren's lips curled into a small smile as she put her hand on the back of the brunette's head, scrunching her hand into his messy hair as she pulled his head closer to her lips. Nick bent down so that their lips met in a short, tender kiss.

"Don't even think about biting my lip." The Siren told Nick's conscious, "Your dear Ashlie wouldn't like that all too much." They pulled away and turned to look at Ashlie as her eyes drooped. Tommy and UNi looked down at their friend with mirrored looks of concern.

"Ashlie! We'll get you out of here soon!" UNi exclaimed, although he could barely hear himself over his frantically beating heart. He didn't know what he would do if his friends had actually died in this place.

"She's not dead. Yet." Nick cut into the British male's thoughts and he looked up as his and Tommy's hands slowly laid the ginger back down on the dirt. Tommy breathed out slowly. They were going to die in this place. A generator still had to be done, and only him and UNi were in commission enough to do them, and there was no way they were getting away from the Siren and her puppet.

They were going to die.