Catching Up

Tommy looked over at Ashlie, who was sitting on the ground curled up in a ball; she seemed to be staring at the ground. UNi glanced over his bandage and stitch work on Cory and leaned back with an outtake of breath. Tommy felt at his stinging cheek-the cut from before must have been cut open again.

He looked at Ashlie again, moving closer to her and noticing the deep red marks on her throat. "What happened to your throat, Ash?" He asked with a worried tone. Ashlie slowly focused her gaze, although it remained away from Tommy's face. "Nick choked me." She spoke through a hoarse whisper.

Tommy's eyes widened in shock. "So he choked, stabbed, and beat you?" He asked in disbelief. Ashlie nodded mutely. He glowered at the ground. "That wasn't Nick. He had no intentions of doing that. The Siren made him do it." He spoke. "The Siren? Who the hell is that?" UNi questioned as he glanced at his blond friend.

"She's the entity that inhabits this place. Remember when Cory was being paranoid about the house? It's because she's there." He explained. Ashlie blinked quietly, rubbing the blood on her cheek and smearing it. "I just have one question for you guys." Tommy said as he looked at the duo.

"Okay. What is it?" UNi asked. "What did I do while she had me under her control?" Tommy asked. His gaze was desperate, despite his even tone. "It started when we split up to search the area. I believe she was messing with your head-making you want her. You examined some hooks, and while Nick was looking at the second one, you just disappeared." Ashlie managed through a sore voice.

"I believe that was when she called you to her lair. After that, you came back. Nick was instantly suspicious of you-your cheek was cut and you blamed it on a branch." UNi intervened. "You chatted and spoke like it was you, but in actuality the Siren had made you do all those things." He added.

"We all thought it was actually you, until Nick found out. He saw your eyes change color for a second while you were talking to me." Ashlie spoke. "We split up to find the next generator and Nick insisted on going with you, instead of UNi..." She could feel tears pricking her eyes as she spoke.

"He wanted to stay with you so that we could stay safe and he could help you." She said. "And you ended up attacking him and handing him over to the Siren." UNi said with a snobby tone. Tommy stared at the two. "Ash, UNi..." He whispered through a strained voice. "You guys understand I would never intentionally help the Siren, right?" He asked.

Ashlie rubbed her throat quietly and UNi looked over Cory. "Right?" Tommy asked desperately. "Yes, Tom. We were just stating the facts." Ashlie croaked as she placed her hand on his arm comfortingly. Tommy slouched, releasing a breath. "So I'm the reason Nick has been hurting you..." He mumbled lightly, his tone miserable.

"Don't blame yourself, Tommy." Ashlie said with a soft expression. "You couldn't help it." Tommy turned his gaze to her. His eyes shone with grief and self-loathing. "And I'm sure you'll forgive Nick just as quickly after I told you that." He said.

"Of course I will. He's my friend." Ashlie said. Tommy sighed and leaned back. UNi glanced at them with a worried glance. "You guys have some terrible cuts on your cheeks. Let me patch them up." He stated.

Tommy shook his head. "It's fine." He said. "No. It is bleeding like crazy." UNi argued defiantly. Tommy heaved a sigh. "You're not going to give up, are you?" He asked. UNi shook his head, his blue hair swishing. Tommy scooted towards UNi so he could clean and bandage the cut.

"This cut has gone through a few layers of skin, Tom." UNi spoke with furrowed brows. "I'm sure the Siren did it." He growled. UNi finished cleaning the wound, waiting while Tommy calmed down to put the band-aid on. He carefully applied the bandage and leaned away from Tommy.

"Ouch. That stung." Tommy whined. "You'll get over it." UNi spoke evenly. Tommy glared at him in mock anger. "Thanks, UNi." UNi chuckled, his hearty chuckle shaking the band-aid in his hand.

Ashlie smiled sweetly, remaining quiet as the two talked back and forth. She felt at her bruising throat. She wasn't upset about it because she knew it hadn't actually been Nick hurting her, but the pleasure lighting his blue eyes sent chills down her spine. After the terror of the past few minutes, she found it hard to imagine the soft brown eyes of the male she had known before. She had told Tommy she would forgive Nick, but she couldn't help but be weary of their next meeting.

"Ashlie?" UNi cut into her reverie. She blinked multiple times, focusing her blue eyes on the British man. "Hm?" She hummed in answer. "Do you need  that cut cleaned or just bandaged?" He asked as if he had already asked that question multiple times before.

She felt at the cut and winced as the cut stung. "Yeah, it needs cleaned." Tommy said, noticing the pain flash in her eyes. UNi moved over to Ashlie and began gingerly dabbing a cotton ball on the cut. Ashlie squeezed her right eye shut in pain. UNi slowed his movements. Tommy watched the two quietly.

UNi moved his hand away and put the band-aid on quickly. Ashlie opened her eye again and looked at UNi. He smiled reassuringly. She smiled back and leaned away from UNi with a small sigh of relief.

UNi placed the supplies back into the med-pack and zipped it shut. "UNi, look!" Ashlie said, pointing at Cory. UNi did as she said and looked over at the blond. He was stirring slightly, his eyes peeling open slowly. He looked around the area with a dazed expression.

His blue eye focused on Tommy and he blinked. His gaze then moved over to the female and male pair. "Oh, Cory. I'm so glad you're okay!" Ashlie cried in relief, tears in her eyes. Cory slowly sat up, grimacing in pain.

UNi nodded as a smile spread across his face. Tommy remained silent, his eyes locked on the other blond. "That was such a stupid move-jumping in front of that knife!" Ashlie said. Cory didn't seem to hear what she said.

"Why is Tommy here, and where has he been?"