Chapter Eight - Getting to know you!

It didn't take long for JJ and Brooke to emerge, I watched the elation in my best friend's face as she joined me on the sofa, "Riley we're going bowling," She grinned.

"Just to let you know, I'm the king of bowling," JJ grinned flexing his muscles.

Kellan scoffed, "you've obviously never played against me."

"We'll see about that," JJ eyes narrowed.

"Everyone will see," Kellan replied, obviously teasing him.

Ronan and Stevie came back in, fully dressed, to witness JJ challenge Kellan to an all out bowling war.

"Uh oh," Stevie groaned.

"Oh, yeah!" Ronan laughed, "I want to be on Kellan's team."

JJ put his arm around Stevie, "that means Stevie's with me."

"Don't I get a say?" Stevie asked pushing JJ's arm away.

I looked at Brooke, are all guys this competitive I wondered or was it just JJ?

"What about Riley, Frasier and me?" Brooke asked, "there's seven of us it won't be equal."

"I'll sit out" Stevie volunteered, "I'm crap at bowling anyway."

"So it's settled, it's me, Brooke and Riley against Kellan, Ronan and Frasier, Stevie will keep score."JJ said smugly.

Frasier opened his door and stuck his head out, "what are we doing?"

"Bowling war," JJ replied, "I'm going to beat Kellan, Ronan and you with two girls."

Ronan laughed, patting me on the head, "Come on then, let's go."

As we headed towards the door, JJ and Ronan fighting for the lead, Kellan, Brooke and Stevie behind them. I stood and waited for Frasier to catch up, he had changed into black polo shirt and khaki shorts, his hair was unruly and I sort of liked it that way.

"Thanks for waiting," he said as he walked beside me.

Trying to read the lips of someone from the side is extremely difficult, and I had to keep glancing at his face as we were walking to make sure I caught when he spoke to me. As we bundled in the elevator, I turned to Frasier, "doesn't that security guard have to know where we're going?"

"Not if we're staying in the hotel, and if we did go out, we'd sneak out -James Bond style." He laughed.

"Hey! Riley, no fraternising with the enemy," JJ called out, reaching behind Frasier he grabbed my arm and pulled me over to where he stood with Brooke.

Frasier growled something under his breath, but I didn't catch it, I looked around at Ronan who spluttered out a loud laugh as clutching at his sides, Kellan and Stevie grinned as well "this is going to be interesting." Stevie laughed.  

As it turns out the hotel had its own private bowling alley, the dark haired woman from reception showed us the way, glaring at me and Brooke every now and then. I didn't like the looks she was giving us but Frasier pulled me closer and grinned down at me.

"It's all about being a rock star." He said smirking cockily as he nodded his head towards the receptionist.

"Oh really?" I raised my eyebrows, "what's your name again?"

JJ laughed as he looked around, "there's nothing like bruising the male ego."

"You should know," Brooke replied, "your ego stands about six foot tall,"

"No that's something else sweetheart," JJ grinned, winking at Brooke and slinging his arm around her shoulder, I cringed at the innuendo.

"Enough of the talk, lets race." Ronan shouted breaking out into a run.