Introduction

¥Flashback¥

"Mom, where are we going?!" I screamed, covering my soft brown ears from the thunderous noise.

"We're leaving this place. Now please go up to your room and pack whatever you can in a light bag. Be reasonable darling, and please do it fast." Ushering my small form to the stairs, she gave me a pleading look that said hurry.

Fear, gripping my heart in a terribly strong grasp, was all I could feel. Blood pounding in my ears, I sprinted to my room. The trip up the wooden stairs seemed endless in this dreadful situation. Finally, I got to my desired location.

It wasn't much, my small room. Cyan walls, snow white ceiling, fuzzy white carpet. Bright white furniture lined the walls. My small bed with a fluffy zebra print comforter was neatly folded and promt. A zebra print lamp with cyan trimming stood on a white nightstand next to my bed. Two bright clean windows with zebra print curtains showed a little bit of the intense situation, but I'm not sure if you are ready for the consequences that follow for the knowledge of it.

Running into my open closet near the door, I searched frantically for my zebra duffel bag. Digging through the piles of clothing and shoes, I finally found the needed item. I placed the printed duffel bag on the bed quickly while my mind focused on what to search for. I know I needed to pack different clothes suitable for running and travel, and some for different kinds of weather. Walking back into the disheveled closet of mine, I grabbed a thin white jacket, a thick cyan coat with fake fur lining on the hood, white boots, comfortable NikeAir shoes, a thick wool sweater, a couple t-shirts, some jean shorts and two pairs of ripped jeans. Folding the clothes quickly, I began to stuff them into the duffel bag. I sprinted into my small bathroom and grabbed my toiletries. Hands full, I walked swiftly into my room, making sure nothing fell. I couldn't risk any setbacks. I stuffed the items wherever they fit in the bag and began to ponder. Picking up the flashlight on my dresser, I packed it and a couple of batteries.

Zipping up the duffel bag, I slung it over my shoulder and sprinted back down the unending wooden stairs. Rustling was coming from my mom's room; I guess she wasn't done with her packing yet. Restlessly, I paced pack and forth on the wooden floors, my feet making barely any sound. But because of the deathly cold silence that gripped my house, it sounded like someone was stomping upstairs. I decided that being impatient wasn't the answer to handling this situation, so I sat down on the comfy leather couch in our ordinary living room. I couldn't sit back and relax though, if that's what you are thinking. My nerves were burning and my muscles clamped together. My ears felt deaf from the chaos going on outside. My mind was spinning around in circles, not even one thing in my mind could implant itself into focus. I felt nautious and sick to my stomach. I was only a helpless and innocent child, at the age of three, with her world crumbling down around her without knowing it. This is the beginning of my treacherous and mystifying journey.