Chapter 12: Ex

CHAPTER 12

ORION

 I'm currently here in my café and checking the files that Janelle's father has given to me to give to his brat daughter 'daw'. Well obviously he wants his daughter to work at his company, and not just that, he also wants me to work at his company as COO. I had no choice but to say yes. It also means I need to say goodbye in the meantime to my dad's company.

"ORIOOOOOOOOON!" I heard a yell coming from the outside. I'm pretty sure it's my business partner-slash-bestfriend-slash-cousin, George! He enters the room, still panting as if he joined a marathon.

 "Bloody hell, George. What's up?" I said, putting down the files on the table.

"Well, first of all. What do you mean by 'What's Up?'" He paused for a while to take a deep breath. "Does it mean, What's wrong? Seriously dude you have to change your expressions, you're in Manila now. Stop using your damn British slangs." Nagreklamo pa talaga.

"Bob's your uncle!" I said, to annoy him more.

"Urgh! Stop it!"

"Hahaha. Fine, mate. So what's wrong?"

"You wouldn't believe it! A goddess accepted me on Facebook!" He said happily as if he is a kid who received something he really wanted from his parents.

"Goddess? Let me guess? Athena? Aphrodite? Hera?"

He shook his head

"Demeter?"

"Patricia!" He shouted

"What fuck is wrong with you? I don't remember there's a Goddess named Patricia." I said in sarcasm.

"Shut up, Orion! I mean Patricia. That pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, goddess bestfriend of Janelle!" It's confirmed that I have a crazy bestfriend.

"Oh Patricia. I see." I said nonchalantly.

He nodded. "Yes. You finally got it! Darn it, I was stalking her facebook. Who can't resist her beautiful face? And have you seen her when she smiles? Her eyes smile too!" I don't know what to feel and what to react in the first place. Should I laugh or should I get mad because he's getting crazy over her? Maybe I'll take the laugh, instead. I took the ballpen on the table and threw it on him. "Ouch!" He shrieked when the pen hits his shoulder. "What's your problem?"

"Baliw ka na kasi!"

"Baliw? Hindi ako baliw, baka ikaw! Pwede ba Orion 'wag ka ngang KJ. Sh*t ang ganda ganda na nga ng asawa mo naiinggit ka pa sa'kin."

"Inggit? Ako? Excuse me?"

"Hayaan mo na ako, Orion. Just please be happy for me. I think I'm already IN LOVE, dude! IM IN LOVE!" This time I grabbed my stress ball then threw it on him, it hits his temples. "Hoy briton sumosobra ka na ha?!"

"Eh kasi po George you barged in here just to say that! You're insane, mate. Really really insane." I paused. "And another thing, ngayon ka lang niya in-accept? Mahina ka pala eh." I smirked

"Bitter!"

I answered him a smirk.

"By the way, how's Jess?" What a sudden change of topic, eh?

"She looks fine."

"Buti di siya nagpunta sa kasal mo para pigilan 'no? Yung tipong... ITIGIL ANG KASAL! Buntis ako at siya ang ama. You know just like in the movies." He said with full of emotions.

This time I threw him a book. I couldn't control my laughter anymore. "Baliw ka talaga! Push mo 'yan!" I said while getting all the files on the table. "I gotta go now, take care of our business, mate. Cheerio!" I told and get out of the cafe's office.