Chapter 4: Reason

CHAPTER 4

ORION

Right after the car incident I didn't expect that she was the girl I was going to meet at the 'supposedly' marriage interview. But to be honest, when I first saw her I was like 'who the heck is this angel in front of me?' She's really pretty, too pretty that I think the word 'pretty' can't describe her, but gorgeous. Not until she started yelling and became disrespectful. Aha. Looks can be deceiving. Now I really believe in this quotation. She must be beautiful outside, but her attitude was such a turn off! Worst woman I've ever met!

After she left the room, Mr. Mendoza asked me to stay for few more minutes, I said yes. I can't say no to him because I respect him so much. My dad left and said he'll just wait for me at the ground floor.

FLASHBACK

"I would like to apologize about my daughter's behavior a while ago." Now I really do felt bad for him, for having an ill-mannered daughter.

"Why did you ask me to stay, sir? I know it's not only about saying sorry for her actions." I said, straight to the point.

"Orion. Please agree to this marriage." I just remained silent. To be honest, I don't know how to react in the first place."I need you... for Janelle." What? For Janelle? "You saw her. You saw how she reacted. I don't know what happened to her, she became a brat. I know you can change her. I trust you."

"Change her?" I was surprised. How can I even do that? She's like a tiger and anytime she would bite me!

"Pinalaki ka ng may disiplina. You're a well-mannered man. I want you for my daughter. I know my daughter needs someone like you."

"But... I don't think I can do that." I was kind of hesitant, not even sure if I can do what Mr. Mendoza wants me to do. Changing his daughter will be the hardest thing to do on earth.You can do it. She has to learn her lesson. My mind says otherwise. "Well... I think I can... I'll try." I changed my mind. Maybe I can try and help Mr. Mendoza, he's like a father to me and helping him would be great. Also, I respect him so much. I still remember him and my dad were playing golf, I was with them. He was really nice to me, until now actually.

He smiled upon hearing what I've said. "Thanks Orion. I know I can trust you with anything."

Bahala na lang!I agreed. I just agreed with it. Yeah, maybe I can change her. I really hope so.But I know I wouldn't be that easy.

END OF FLASHBACK

I told Mr. Mendoza that I should meet his precious ill-mannered daughter at my coffee shop. She was late again, maybe she's really like that-- very unprofessional. When she came, we talked about the marriage and told me that she wants to divorce after six months, but asked him to change it to a year because others might get suspicious. I agreed, but I do have a problem with that. I totally forgot that I need to tame a tiger-- uhm I have to tame her and I don't think I can do that in one year!

I am currently on my bed. I can't sleep thinking about my stupid problem. I am thinking about that bloody thing. "How can I even tame her?" I said while lying down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. "I think I should talk to George tomorrow." I'm officially a crazy dude for talking alone in my room.

Suddenly, I heard a knock coming from my door, I opened it. I saw my little sister Alison. "Why are you still awake, Ali?"

"I'm still not finish with my homework, Kuya, Can you help me?" Of course I will help her with that, I think it is part of my responsibility as her brother.

Trapped by ArrangementOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara