Chapter Fifty-Six

"Fumiko you look really pretty." Natalie cooed while brushing my hair for me.

"Actually the correct word would be beautiful." Anastasia added.

"Thanks guys." My cheeks looked rosy in the mirror because of the flush of emotions bubbling up in my heart. It was Sora and my wedding day and honestly, I didn't think I could've been any happier.

Natalie and Anastasia were there with me as my bridesmaids and they were helping me to get ready before the ceremony started​.

"Honestly, I'm nervous." I murmured in a hushed tone but Natalie still heard and nudged me. "Hey!"

"Of course you're​ going to be nervous! Fumiko it's your wedding day and to make this worse your nineteen." She shook her head at me and grinned. "Unless you're having second thoughts."

"Of course not." I affirmed. "I want to marry him but I don't know what he'll say when he sees me walking towards the alter in this dress."

"I do?" Anastasia laughed.

"You're really pretty Fumiko, you deserve to be happy."

"Yeah."

I looked​ at my feet and blushed, it was so odd feeling this way again. Happy, light and fluffy on the inside but blushing on the outside with every chance.

"I can't wait to see Sora."

"I bet he can't wait to see you." Natalie teased.

I hadn't seen Sora in almost two days and I was just dying to get close to him again. My mother and I had come to an agreement that I wouldn't move in and live with him until we were married because she wanted to use the opportunity to keep me close to her.

She was losing her baby girl and I could feel her anguish and anxiety whenever I looked at her. The night before we spent a lot of time together talking, she expressed her like for Sora with me and that the only reason she reacted the way she did when she found out we were together was because she wanted to keep me safe. I eventually fell asleep with my head on her lap as she stroked my hair because honestly apart of me was going to miss being with my parents but I was ready to spend the rest of my life with Sora.

"Thanks for being here for me." I expressed my gratitude. "Thanks a lot."

"What are friends for?" Natalie smiled while leaning against the couch.

"By the way, when are you guys settling down?"

Anastasia stared at her feet shyly and Natalie put her hands on her hips and shrugged.

"Maybe Charlie and I will tie the knot when he finishes law school but for now we're not 'that' serious."

"Oh."

"What about you Ana?" Natalie asked. "You've been stifling a smile since we started talking."

"Jake proposed to me last week." She held out her hand, showing off a beautiful ring she slipped on her finger while she was speaking.

"OMG! Way to go Ana!"

"When's your wedding?" I asked.

"It's not decided yet but maybe in a few months. I'm just sorry he isn't here today​ and tied up with work."

"That's alright." I smiled. Someone else was going to have their dream come true.

"Alright Fumiko, sit down so I can finish fixing your hair." Natalie demanded.

***

When I walked down the aisle and saw Sora standing there, my heart nearly stopped. His eyes lit up when he saw me and his face glowed with the warmth of a thousand sun's and a million moons. My heart skipped a beat when I held his hands and his smile alone melted away my nervousness.