Chapter Four

That night, I sat on the edge of my bed in my ivory night gown with my mind on Sora.

How could I have forgotten to thank him! I felt slightly embarrassed, but mostly ashamed about it. It could have meant nothing to him or then again he could have taken it personal.

"Oh no, what if he did take it personal, maybe that's why he refused to go into the house or maybe that's why he left so soon." I thought panicking. "If only I could tell him thank you....wait, that's it! I'll go to his house tomorrow and tell him thanks and also how grateful I was for his help." With that final thought I fell back on my bed and snuggled my teddy which I had hidden beneath my sheets.

  If I am to see him tomorrow again I'll have to get some rest.

***

Sora sat up in bed that night, he smiled tenderly at the memory of the strange lost girl who found her way to him. He found their meeting very interesting and he wondered if she would visit him again. He then folded his arms beneath his sheets and shook his head at the thought.

"There is no way she would travel all this way just to meet me." He thought as he slunk back down unto his bed and turned off his bedside lamp, with only a final thought of the improbable possibility of that happening and of seeing her again. He then smiled faintly as he faded into sleep.

***

 "Fumiko!" My mother yelled, her voice ringing out across the house. "Why are you up so early?"

I was unable to answer because I was still brushing my teeth, so my mother stood outside the door waiting for my reply. I normally woke up at 6:00 O'clock because my school started at 7:00 O'clock and it was a good walking distance away, but today in order to meet Sora I woke up at 5:30. Of course I knew I couldn't tell my mother this was the reason I got up so early, but I had a good excuse.

"Mom I'm going to visit Nanami our neighbor who lives down the block. She just got back from Japan two days ago and I am going to bring her a gift."

"Oh really" My mom said surprised. "I totally forgot she was back. She has a daughter your age, Anastasia right? Bring her something from me as well when you go okay."

"But mom!" I said drying my face.

"No butts. I'm going to be busy today and since your going there it saves me the trouble." With that I heard my mothers footsteps moving away from the door, so I looked out from behind it if she was gone. I then exited the bathroom before leaning against the wall.

"Great! What am I going to do now." My plan had not gone the way I wanted but maybe I could make it to Nanami's house and still have time to visit Sora.

"Yes, that's it! All I have to do is hurry over to Nanami's and deliver moms gift, then I can visit Sora."