Chapter Thirty

I ran my hand over the edges of the books I was carrying worriedly as I walked down the corridor towards my last class for the day.

I wonder what Sora is doing?

I thought suddenly before sighing at how tired I was feeling, but grateful that I would be going home soon.

For almost the entire day I was having sudden and strange thoughts about Sora and none of which made sense. He would normally encompass my mind but this time it was out of worry. The last time we had met, he seemed troubled and upset as if there was something gnawing away at him that he couldn't tell me about. I declined to ask him about it because the last time I tried to get him to open up to me, I ended up bringing out a bitter and angry side of him that I didn't want to see. Hatred wasn't a shade that suited him well because I knew he had a kind and generous heart.

It wasn't that it was strange to see him angry - everyone at times could get angry without exception but it was just too painful to watch him loathe and angrily resent his own father even though I knew he deeply loved him.

I was sure his anger had developed over the years of holding onto bitterness because he never wanted to speak about it, even though everything had happened a long time ago.

Hurt and pain that blossomed into hatred.

As I continued walking towards my class I bumped shoulders with someone, causing my books to fall from my hand.

"Sorry" I muttered as I knelt down and started picking them up one by one. My head was too clouded for me to make a good judgement of who bumped into whom first so I said nothing more and moved quickly to pick everything up.

"Why didn't you watch where you were going?"

I halted and stared up at a girl who was looking angrily down at me, her pretty face twisted with a grotesque frown.

"I said I was sorry"

She scoffed and openly leered at me and I noticed another girl by her side loathing my presence as well.

I went to say something else, but swallowed my words and picked up the last of my books. As soon as I clambered to my feet, the girl on the right slapped the books out of my hands again.

"You dropped your books"

"What? Aren't you gonna pick them up? No, wait let me guess, you're waiting for Jake to help you right? I mean a useless and pathetic girl like you will need someone like Jake all the time. You know I can't seriously believe that he likes someone like you. A clumsy little Chinese girl-"

A loud bang sounded across the hall as I slammed the girl who was talking against a locker, her head bouncing against the cold metal.

"Help-He-Help! Wha-what are you doing?" she whispered as I clenched her throat.

It was really irritating, listening to her speak, especially because she didn't know anything about me and she thought that I liked Jake, which was the last straw.

"Let go of-"

Blood stained the shirt of the other girl who had accompanied the first as my hand shot up right, slamming into her nose.

She screeched and fell to the floor while holding onto her face, a haze of red and purple colouring the area.

My mother had once told me I had my father's fighting spirit, a no nonsense type of flame that burned bright and I knew it was true at that moment.

I released the first girl and returned to gathering my books off the ground. It was a lucky thing that we were the only one's left along the corridor since everyone else was already in class. My head was hurting from all the constant changes of emotions I was going through but I kept my calm.