Chapter Nineteen

The breeze picked up around us again as I leaned in and gave Sora a squeeze. I wasn't sure why I did it but at that moment I couldn't help the feeling. That was when I noticed that Sora was unusually quiet then I realized what I was doing. I wasn't sure how he was going to react, so I pulled back and stared at him as he was still holding me in his arms.

Sora then did something surprising; he held the back of my head and pushed me forward until our foreheads were touching. I was shocked and mostly scared because I wasn't sure what he was doing but all of that dissolved as he spoke,

"I'm Sorry" The soft tone of his voice and the tenderness in his eyes amplified his words and made my cheeks light up. "I didn't mean for you to get hurt."

"I know" he seemed to perk up a little from my words as I continued, "I shouldn't have strayed away from you."

"I shouldn't have let you go." He said back softly.

"I won't leave you again"
We both suddenly said at the same time.

We were both shocked by our words as I could see it in Sora's eyes and I knew he saw it in mine. My cheeks lit up but so did his, which I knew was probably because we were both glad that the situation we were in turned out for the better.

"Um, Sora...you can put me down now."

I saw a slight look of embarrassment on his face as he realized the awkward position we were in.

"Oh, okay" he quickly said, but no sooner had he put me down that I gasped in pain as I realized that my leg was badly bruised. Sora then quickly grabbed me by the waist and pulled me up again while I panted and grabbed my leg.

"I think it's broken!" I said between panicking gasps. A sudden pain had hit me which was surprising as I hadn't felt it before while Sora was pulling me up from between the rocks.

"Calm down, I'll look at it" Sora said as he walked over to a boulder before putting me to sit on it. He then gently lifted my leg before sliding his hand down it. My skin ignited in response to his tender touch, the smoothness of his hands soothing the pain.

"It's not broken, it's just bruised" A smile found it's way to my lips at the good news but then it was replaced by a look of worry.

"Sora, my leg, if it's bruised this badly how am I going to get back?"

"I'll just carry you" he said sighing just as a smile formed on his lips.

"What!" I exclaimed

"Don't worry I've done it before."

"W- When?" I asked shocked.

"Do you remember the day you fell asleep against me when it was raining because you couldn't go home and it had gotten late?" He asked sitting beside me.

"Yes, I do remember. My mother told me that you had brought me home."

Sora nodded his head at my words before getting up and ripping his sleeve.

"What are you doing!" I gasped in shock.

"I'm going to bandage your leg."

"Oh, um... okay" I watched as he ruined his good shirt and ripped up his sleeve before bringing the torn fabric to my leg. Again his touch soothed my bruised leg but this time it was more electrifying.

"How does it feel?"

"Great" I breathed.

"What?"

"I- I mean awful!" I quickly said realising my words.

"Fumiko are you okay?" He asked while putting the back of his hand on my forehead.