Epilogue: Niall

A Year and a Half Later

The late afternoon sun felt so good on my face. It was a beautiful December day. There was just enough of a cool breeze coming off the Llano River to make me wish I had grabbed a light sweater. The peacefulness of being out here was so nice, and it finally felt like things were starting to settle in. The house was finally done and we were all moved in. I absolutely loved the way it turned out and I loved it even more knowing Liam designed it from top to bottom.

He worked so hard the last year on that house while also trying to learn everything about running the ranch. Garrett was so wonderful; he never pushed Liam into it too fast. He knew how important the house was to Liam and me. Thank God it was finished now and at just the right time.

The firm that Liam interned for in college, and still did some part-time work for, loved the house so much they asked if they could feature it on their website. I was so proud of him. I had to smile thinking about when they called and asked to come out and take pictures of the finished house. He was so proud.

It was a two-story ranch-style house with a full wraparound porch on the first floor. The kitchen was amazing with tons of cabinet and counter space. Double ovens and a huge six-burner range. The breakfast nook was nothing but windows. Hell, the whole house was nothing but windows. Liam insisted it be that way. He wanted to make it seem like when you were standing in the house you felt like you were outside.

We built the house right near our oak tree that was now in our massive back yard. Liam had put up a four board black plank fence all around the house and the oak tree. The front and back yard probably totaled an acre of land. He said he wanted to make sure his kids had a manure-free yard to play in someday.

We had a small but functional formal dining
room. There was a huge living room for Liam and Greg to watch the football games and to entertain. The main living area was all an open floor plan so that if you were in the kitchen you could see into the living room and breakfast nook. The master bedroom was downstairs and four bedrooms were upstairs. There was a huge game room also upstairs that was built over the three-car garage. Liam insisted we needed it. Someday when we had kids he wanted their toys up there and nowhere near his big screen TV.

I had to smile at how much of a kid that man was when it came to boys' toys. Tractors or TVs, it didn't matter. He was the only person I knew who had to open the box of something he just bought to start playing with it. Even the new camera we bought yesterday. He made me drive so he could take it out and start seeing how it worked.

Just then I heard his truck. My stomach started doing flip flops. Just the thought of seeing him still had me all giddy after a year and a half of marriage.

I thought about last night and how wonderful it had been. Liam making such sweet, slow passionate love to me was my favorite thing in the world. I smiled thinking about all the sweet things he whispered in my ear.

I felt his hands wrap around me. He picked me up and spun me around slowly. Then he kissed me... Good God he kissed me with so much passion my knees almost buckled. He kept a strong but gentle grip on me.

He leaned in and whispered against my ear.

"Shit sweetheart, you look so fucking sexy walking along this river. I want to make love to you right now, Ni. I think we better, baby. I might die right now if I cannot feel myself inside your warm body."

I threw my head back and laughed at him. I turned around to look at him and gasped. He looked amazing. He was taking off his boots. His gray shirt showed off his muscular chest and arms. I smiled at the sight of my husband. He was so damn sexy. He picked up a stick and gave it a toss and Gus took off after it. Crazy dog had been at my side all damn day.