Chapter 12: Liam

Dogs. Labs...Chocolate Labs. Chocolate Labs named Gus. Oh holy shit, this was not working anymore because all I could think about was the damn dog Niall wanted. My Niall...

I walked down the hall following him to his locker and tried to keep my dick from getting any harder, but it was a fucking chore. I couldn't believe my ears when he started saying he wanted to live in the country. I felt all the air leave my lungs. I dropped his hand that I hadn't even realized I was holding and just stood there listening to him describe the life I wanted. The life I wanted...with him. That was it. I know Greg said I needed to give him time and be patient. Fuck that. It was on. I was going to do everything in my power to win Niall's heart, starting right now.

I had to keep my eyes everywhere but on him. He kept leaning over and his black skinny jeans were hugging his ass so tight. Holy shit he had a nice body.

Okay...ceiling, look at the ceiling, look at the other lockers. Dogs...Chocolate Lab dogs named Gus running around the ranch with Niall and a little brown-haired girl chasing after it.

Wait! What? Where the fuck did that come from? Oh my God, what was happening to me? I'm standing in a damn high school daydreaming about the ranch and Niall having my child and a fucking Lab named Gus!

It's getting hot in here...

"Liam? Are you okay? You look like you feel sick. Are you feeling okay?" Niall said as he took the lock off of the locker door and bent down to pick up the bag he packed.

"Um, yeah yeah, I feel fine Ni. Here let me take that. Is this it? Where are all of your books?"

Niall handed me the bag filled with just a few notebooks, stuffed animals and a few odds and ends in it.

"Oh...Louis turned them all in for me earlier today when he turned in all of his books. He wanted to get here early so he could get it done and then work on his valedictorian speech. I think he is pretty nervous about it. Are you sure you're okay?" Niall asked as he looked me up and down.

I really wanted to tell him no, I was so not okay. I was daydreaming about uprooting his life, moving him out to the middle of nowhere and oh yeah, getting him pregnant with my kid.

Deep breaths Liam, deep breaths.

"Sure yeah, I'm okay. I think it's just really hot in here. Isn't it really hot in here to you? All right – if you're done, let's blow this Popsicle stand what do ya say?" I said as I tried to get some feeling in my legs again.

"Yes! Let's get out of here!" Niall said with a huge smile on his face.

Shit, there went my heart. We headed back out to my truck and I tossed his bag in the back seat with his other stuff. I opened the door for him and helped him get in. I would never get tired of seeing that blush creep up his cheeks every time I did this. He deserved nothing less than to be treated with the utmost respect.

I walked around my truck and saw Niall answer his phone. His smile dropped and his eyes shot up and looked right at mine. I almost stopped dead in my tracks. My guess was that douchebag Harry. Should I stand outside the truck and give him privacy? Fuck that. I opened my door, climbed in and started the truck.

"No, it's none of your damn business...I don't need to explain anything to you so please do not call me again," Niall said as he ended the call. He immediately looked at me and there it was...that smile that freaking made my whole insides melt.

Damn, this boy was beautiful.

"Harry?" I asked as I started to pull out. I can't even believe he had the nerve to be calling him; that douchebag.