Chapter 55: Niall

Christmas Day at the Ranch

"Emma, please let me help out with something. I do have one good arm you know. I feel so helpless just sitting here."

Emma had been babying me ever since we got to the ranch two days ago. I thought Liam was bad. Sheesh, he ain't got nothing on Emma.

After I got out of the hospital, Liam moved me into his place so he could take care of me. I thought it was going to be a huge fight between him and Louis about where I was going to stay, but then Greg reminded Louis that he could stay there also. So for almost two weeks now I've had Greg, Liam and Louis waiting on my hand and foot. I was getting so sick of it. My only favorite thing was Liam helping me with showers and that about caused Greg to beat the shit out of Liam the first day he was going to give me a shower. That is until Louis whispered something into Greg's ear and he just smiled and then headed off into his room.

Ewww! Ewwww! Eeewww! Just the memory alone made me want to throw up a little in my mouth. I knew they hadn't had sex yet because Louis told me. I guess Greg was pulling a Liam and "waiting for the right time." Argh, I was going to explode if I didn't lose my virginity and know what that man felt like inside of me.

Heather bent down and whispered in my ear.

"You better stop thinking about whatever it is you're thinking about. Your blushed face is screaming your mind's dirty thoughts!"

I had to giggle. Louis was like my brother and by far my bestest of best friends, but Heather – she was one of those friends who was your best friend but also someone who you could always count on to be there for you whenever you needed her. She was probably the least selfish person I knew. When Liam invited her to the ranch for Christmas I could have kissed him. Both of Heather's parents had passed away this summer in a car accident and she had no one else to spend Christmas with. What Liam failed to tell her was that he was inviting Josh Hayes, his UT football teammate, also.

Josh was probably the biggest playboy I'd ever met – well, except for Greg's man whoring days this past fall. I see him with a different girl almost every day, but Liam seems to think Josh has a thing for Heather. I know when Heather first met him at my graduation party last summer she was instantly attracted to him. He was 6'2" and had light brown hair and beautiful green eyes and had a rocking body. Then she talked to him, and all interest was quickly lost. Or at least I thought it was. The two of them couldn't keep their eyes off of each other. Interesting...

I felt a warm body move up behind me and it sent shivers down my body. Liam. I could always tell when he walked into a room....I could feel him. He leaned down and his warm breath instantly made me hungry for his touch. He had given me more orgasms in the last week than I thought possible. The first week home from the hospital he treated me like a china doll because of my bruised ribs. They still hurt, but there was no way I was telling him. If I did he would stop touching me and I craved his touch so damn much.

"I have a surprise for you later this evening if you're up to it and are feeling okay."

Oh my God, the seduction in his voice gave me goosebumps. Fuck yeah I was up for it. I was feeling stiff from just sitting all day. I really needed to take a walk.

I turned and reached up on my tippy toes and gave him a kiss. God I loved him so much, and to think I almost blew it with my stupid insecurities. The thought made me feel sick.

"Will you walk with me for a little bit outside? I'm going crazy sitting here just watching everyone work."

Liam gave me that crooked smile and my heart melted. I don't think I'll ever get used to how his smile makes me feel.