Chapter 9: Niall

I woke up from a total dead sleep. I sat up confused for a few minutes. Where the hell was I? My heart started to beat rapidly. I looked around and realized I was in Greg's room. I looked down at my hand. I was surprised it didn't hurt nearly as much as it did yesterday. I pushed back the covers and walked out into the kitchen. I heard someone and my heart started to flutter. Was it Liam?

"Hey there, Niall! Did you sleep well?" Greg said in a very chipper mood.

"You must have had a good night last night to be so happy first thing this morning," I replied back with a yawn. I was not a morning person. I sat down at the bar stool on the island.

Greg let out a laugh. "You never were a morning person, Ni. And no, my night sucked. I couldn't wait to get home. Did you have any more nightmares?

"Nope I slept like a baby. Soooo, what's with this date last night? How come it sucked?" I asked as Greg handed me a plate of scrambled eggs and a Sunny D. He started to whip up more eggs as he looked over at me like he really didn't want to have this conversation.

"It sucked because the guy who I went out with is a cheerleader who cannot take no for an answer. I got tired of giving him excuses so I thought it would be easier to just get it over with and go out with him."

"Hmmm, so there is no special guy in your heart, Greg?" I asked as I took a bite of eggs. God I have missed his eggs! How crazy was that?

Greg let out a small laugh. It almost sounded like it was filled with sadness.

"Ni, the only special guy I have in my heart is you, honey. Always has been, always will be." I smiled up at him and my heart melted. I was starting to put two and two together. I really was beginning to think that Greg just might have feelings for Louis. Maybe I was way off here, but something just was not right.

Speaking of things not being right...

"Um, where's Liam? Is he still sleeping?" I asked, trying not to sound like I cared too much where he was.

"Shit no, that cowboy is not still sleeping. Even if he is out partying until three a.m., he is up by six and headed out to the gym for a workout," Greg said as he grabbed his plate and a bottle of Sunny D from the refrigerator. "He runs up to the gym, works out and runs back damn near almost every day. He puts my workouts to shame."

"Oh, wow. No wonder he looks..." I shut my mouth before the next words came out. Good God, I needed to get a grip. This was just insane how this boy, no not boy, man...it was insane how this man affected me. I was starting to bounce my leg up and down hoping I would not miss him before I had to leave.

"Do you have to work today, Greg? I mean if you do, I can give Louis a call to come and pick me up. I still have to go clean out my locker since I didn't do it yesterday. I guess I need to go home today also. Not that mom would even notice I didn't come home last night," I said as I got up to clean off my plate.

"Yeah honey, I'm sorry. Liam's last day was last week and today is mine. This internship has been great experience though. I'm kind of bummed out it's over. Liam is excited because all he wants to do is head out to his grandparents' ranch," Greg said with a smile.

From what Greg has said around me about Liam, he absolutely adores his grandparents. Any free time he gets he heads out to their ranch. God, I want to go to the country!

"It's okay. I can just give Louis a call and see if he can come and pick me up. I know he was planning on working on his speech for tomorrow." Just the mention of Louis's name and I saw Greg tense up. Yep, there was something there whether he wanted to admit it or not.

I heard the front door open and I looked up.
Holy fucking hell I think I'm going to faint.

Liam came walking into the kitchen, no shirt on, sweating...really sweating...looking really H.O.T. I had to remind myself to breathe. Fuck me, this guy was too good looking for his own good. Oh holy hell...his tattoo was so sexy...and...he had two! My eyes traveled up and down his perfect body.