Chapter 34: Liam

I sat there with Niall sitting on my lap and I was in pure heaven. Listening to him and Louis talk and laugh, I was never more content. Every time he laughed or smiled I stopped breathing.

I love him...

I had to smile every time I thought about how my world just turned upside down. I knew Niall still wanted to take things slow, but goddamn if I didn't want to just tell him, to just shout it out for the world to know.

Louis asked if Niall wanted to dance and he looked down at me. "You mind?"

"No! Go and have fun. I'll just sit here and wait for Greg to come back from whatever it was that he had to take care of," I said as I wiggled my eyebrows up and down and smiled at Louis.

Louis laughed but Niall didn't think that comment was too funny.

"Oh for the love of all things good, that's my brother Liam! Eww gross!" Niall got off my lap and slapped my arm. I laughed and pulled him back down to me and whispered up against his ear, "Don't let Jon get anywhere near you, okay?"

He looked at me with such a sweet and tender smile.

"Okay babe!"

He got up and walked out into the yard and hugged Amanda and started dancing. Holy fuck, he just called me "babe." I sat back in my chair and drank my beer while I watched him. I looked over towards where Jon was standing and noticed the fucker watching him also. I finished off my beer and grabbed another one.

"Jesus dude, you trying to get drunk? You got Ni back so what's the reason for getting wasted?" Greg said as he grabbed another beer from the cooler.

"Fuck off. I'm celebrating, douchebag." I looked over at Greg and smiled. "So, what was it you needed to take care of so fast?" I said with a laugh.

"Very funny, dickhead but that's not what I was doing. Liam, I swear that guy is going to be the death of me! I had to get away from him before I tore his fucking clothes off. I can't believe he did that to me. Shit! I saw Josh in the house and had to sit there and listen to him go on and on about Heather so I could try to lose my hard on."

I threw my head back and laughed. "That must have been entertaining."

"Fuck...to say the least. Dude has it bad for that girl. Jesus, I never in my life saw Josh this interested in a girl and this fucking nervous to actually talk to her."

"Yeah he has it pretty bad for her. Stupid fucker has not even talked to her all night. Speaking of stupid fuckers, what are you going to do about Louis?"

Greg took a drink of his beer as he looked out towards Louis and Niall dancing.

"Nothing."

"What the fuck do you mean nothing?"

"I mean nothing. I'm not going to do anything. He told me tonight that he never slept with Jason, which was a relief because I would've hated myself the rest of my life knowing he just slept with him to get back at me. So, now that I know we're all right, I'm just going to move on," Greg said as he took another drink of his beer. This time he damn near finished it.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I said as I shook my head and looked at him. "Greg, can you not see that he has a thing for you. I mean holy hell, that kiss he gave you I'm pretty damn sure was more than just for show. Why do you insist on pushing him away?"

Greg stared out at Louis. He looked over once and smiled and Greg turned away. "I can't do it, Liam. I cannot risk losing him. If things didn't turn out he would be gone for good. I don't think I could live my life if he was not in it, even if that just means being friends."

I pushed my hand through my hair and let out a sigh. Looks like their mother not only fucked up Niall's thinking of how love is, she fucked up Greg's too.

"Greg, I get that you don't want to lose him. I mean I really get it," I said as I looked over at Niall and smiled. "But what are you going to do when he gets tired of waiting for you. When he ends up with someone like Jason Reed? He'll get married; have kids, live a life that in the long run you will not be a part of. Do you think you can handle that? Are you going to be ready for that when it happens?"

Greg tipped his head back and finished off his beer. "I don't know Liam. I honestly don't fucking know, dude."

"Well Greg, you better fucking figure it out, and do it soon. That boy is not going to just sit around and wait for you. If you want him, you better fight for him and let him know how you feel." I finished off my own beer and got up and walked toward Steve. I needed to dance with Niall.

"Hey Steve, you got any Vince Gill?" I yelled into his ear over the music.

"You know I do! What are you looking for?"

"I want you to play 'Whenever You Come Around' next, okay?"

Steve gave me that big ole smile of his and nodded. "You got it dude."

I walked back over to Greg. Shit, I was starting to get a little drunk. I sat down and looked at him. I was going to bite the fucking bullet.

"I love him."

Greg snapped his head and looked at me.

"Niall?"

"Of course Niall, who the fuck else would I be talking about!"

Greg just smiled at me. "When did this come about?"

"Earlier. It just fucking hit me like a brick wall. Scared the fuck out of me and it was a good three or four minutes before I could even talk or move." I looked over at Niall, who was now just standing in the middle of the dance crowd talking to Heather and Louis. God, there wasn't a damn thing I wouldn't do for him.

"Liam, you know I trust you with my brother, I really do. I love you like a brother and there is nothing on earth I would rather see than my brother happy with you. Just take care of him dude, don't hurt him and please just be patient. He's been through a lot you know? Just...just don't push him into anything too fast, okay?"

I looked over at Greg. "I would die first before I let anything or anyone hurt him. I need you to know that Greg. I really need you to know that I love him, and I will protect him with everything I have."

Greg got up and slapped my back. "Well fuck, dude. That's all I needed to hear. No wonder you're getting drunk!"

Just then Steve started to talk.

"All right y'all, I'm going to slow it down again with a little Vince Gill."

I got up and walked towards Niall who was now heading my way.

"Sweetheart, dance with me?" I asked as I ran my hand down his face.

"Of course I will Liam." He smiled at me and my knees just about went out from under me. Would these intense feelings ever settle down?

The song started and I pulled him as close to me as I could. He buried his head in my chest and held me tighter. We danced slowly to the song as I started to sing the lyrics to him as I held onto him.

I loved this boy, and I'll spend the rest of my life proving to him how much I love and want him.

Niall looked up at me with tears running down his face and my heart just stopped.

"Oh baby, please don't cry, please, please don't cry," I said as I wiped away his tears.

"Liam, I...I've never felt like this before. You're so amazing and the things you say and do just leave me breathless. I'm so afraid I'm going to wake up and to find out this is all just a dream."

I smiled down at him and pulled him back into me as we finished dancing to the song while I sang along with Vince. "I promise sweetheart, this is not a dream."