Chapter 46: Liam

I sat on the porch swing waiting for Niall to come back from talking to Louis. I still can't believe I hit my best friend. I ran my hands down my face. Fuck! Why the hell did Greg have to go and mess up so bad with Louis? Gramps wouldn't let me talk to him yet. They headed to the barn and that was the last I saw of either of them.

This had started out to be a great day and now it was just fucked.

I had brought Niall into town to have breakfast at one of the local restaurants. I remembered him saying he wanted to go and eat in an old-fashioned type restaurant. You just can't get any better than Miss Mayes restaurant in town. Best damn French toast I've had.

The plan was to eat breakfast, walk through a few of the little stores on Main Street, then come back to the ranch and ride. Niall had really taken to horseback riding and practically begged me go again today.

When Gramps told us about his "plan" to get Louis and Greg some alone time, I knew it was going to go down all wrong. Just how it went down wrong I didn't know yet. I heard the screen door open and saw the love of my life walking out with such a sad look on his face. I held out my hand and he came over and sat on my lap.

He laid his head on my chest and let out a sigh. God, what I wouldn't do to just stay like this forever and never let him go. I buried my face in his hair and took a deep breath. Fuck he smelled so good. Daisies, he always smelled like them.

"So, did he tell you what happened?"

"Oh God, Liam. I think Greg really messed up this time. I think he pushed Louis away for good."

Shit. I didn't like the way this was sounding. I'll fucking kill him if he if forced him to do anything.

"He didn't..."

"No! God no! Greg would never. But then again, I didn't think he would ever be so mean and hurtful as this either."

I felt Niall shiver, so I pulled him tighter into me.

"Can we take a walk? I don't want your grandmother to overhear us talking. I'm not sure how much Louis told her about what happened."

"Sure, let's head down to the stables." I reached down and took his hand in mine as we started to make our way to the stables. I needed to check on Big Roy anyway. He was a gift from Gramps when I was sixteen and somehow he cut his leg pretty bad; we needed to keep an eye on it for a few days for any signs of an infection.

Niall walked for a few minutes in silence. Once we reached the stables, I checked for Gramps and Greg but they were nowhere to be found.

"No one is here, sweetheart."

Niall started to cry. I walked over and held him in my arms. I was going to fucking kill Greg for making his brother so upset. I don't care how fucked up he is.

"Oh God Liam..."

"Just take a deep breath. baby," I said as I ran my hands up and down his back. Once he settled a little bit he sat down on a bale of hay and took in a deep breath.

"God, I love the way it smells down here. I wish I could bottle it up and take it home with me."

I laughed and started to walk into Big Roy's stall. I checked his leg out and it seemed to be doing well. I gave him a bit of oats and shut his stall. I sat down next to Niall and took his hand in mine.

"I guess when the battery went dead Louis freaked out a little bit...if you can imagine that. Greg got pissed and pushed him up against the Jeep and, well, one thing led to another. No sex, but more than kissing."

I let myself go back to a few nights ago when Niall had his first orgasm. The memory alone caused my dick to jump.

"What happened next?"