Extra 125: When I'm Gone...

I posted a short yesterday. (Not according to the new schedule I posted) Because I posted yesterday, that counts towards my Friday update. I will try to update according to schedule. I'm not worried about missing the deadline, but i'm more worried about posting too much inbetween. I already have the rest of the ideas planned out, so I know where I'm going with three shorts. Enjoy and I'll talk to you soon! -Flashette1
(This takes place when Barry has powers and Chloe doesn't.)
--------------------
Barry had left for his most important mission today. I knew his secret and he didn't want me getting involved with The Flash side of his work because he feels I will be in danger, and I respect that. Though I don't get to see that side of him, it was Barry Allen who I fell in love with.
I had been at home after Barry left. I was saddened that he left, but knew that it was something he had to do.
I was on my way upstairs to change, until I was stopped by something on the stairs. A scrapbook had been leaning against the stairs. I noticed quickly that the cover had a picture I had taken: our initials carved into a tree. Below it were our names.
I picked up the scrapbook and carried it to our room, where I opened the cover after sitting down on our bed. The picture was a picture of Barry and I a few nights after we met. (Over 20 years ago) We lived next to eachother all our childhood and were best friends all throughout school. Inside the cover was a note. It read:
"Hello, love. If you're reading this, I am on my way to Earth-57. I will be gone for a while, and I know you will miss me. (Not more than I will miss you😘) It will be hard for you continuing day to day without my help, but Cisco, Joe, Iris, Caitlin, Julian, and Wally are eager to help you out with anything while I'm absent.
Having known you for so long, I know you'll count down the days until I return. To lessen the impact this has on you, I created a little something for you. This book has 80 pages in it, each with a quote and photo to go along with each day I am gone. (Kinda like an advent calendar.) Every day, flip to whatever page of the day I'm gone and read the quote/image. You should end up at page 80 the last day. I love you, so much. See you in 80 days!
-Barry. <3"
I placed the note down and opened the first page to reveal an image of Barry and I at my 4th birthday party. The quote read: "The beautiful thing about young love is the truth in our hearts that it will last forever- Atticus" A tear formed in my eye as I closed the book and clutched it to my chest. I then went to bed, scrapbook by my side, thinking anxiously for tomorrow's quote.
I followed this system every day, crying over the quotes and images until I got to the last one. The book had been following a timeline, starting from when we were young to when we were older.
I sat up from my bed quickly, pulling my bookmark out of the scrapbook. I awaited anxiously as the paper turned and the picture/quote was revealed to me. It had been one of the happiest moments in our life: our wedding day. The picture was of Barry and I from behind, me in my dress and him in his suit, facing the sunset of the beach. The quote along with the photo, handwritten, read: "Better than I was, more than I am, all of this happened by taking your hand. ❤️"

I teared up at the sight of this photo and the remembrance of that happy day

I teared up at the sight of this photo and the remembrance of that happy day. I examined the picture, playing back the happy memories of that night over and over again. Realizing this was the last picture, and that Barry would be home, I got out of bed and headed downstairs, where Barry was waiting for me.
"BARRY!" I yelled as I ran to him. He was standing in the doorway and his bags had already been placed on the couch. I ran down the stairs and fell into his arms, where he greeted me with a kiss and a hug. I hugged him tightly and kissed him again, this time more passionately.
"Happy to see me?" Barry asked. I nodded. I missed him so much and was glad to have him back. "How'd you hold up?" He asked.
"Good. A few of your buddies came over a few times a week to keep me company."
"I'm glad you made it through...
By the way, how'd you like my gift?" He asked, kissing the top of my head. He brushed a hand through my hair and I replied:
"I loved it."
---------------------------------
Short for you guys! I hope you enjoyed! ***I don't own the image used, but it belongs to the original owner on Pinterest, along with the quotes I found, one being named and one unknown. Yes, the picture doesn't look exactly like Grant/Barry, but it best fit Chloe.*** I hope you liked this short and I had fun writing it. More Charry shorts are on the way! Au Revoir! -Flashette1❤️⚡️