Extra 51: Fake boyfriend

Thank you for 31K! Enjoy!
----------------------
One day at lunch Barry asked me this crazy question.
"Could you be my fake girlfriend? You know how much I like Iris and I want to get her attention. Maybe this will help." In my head I thought:
"You want your best friend who is falling for you to be your fake girlfriend to attract the attention of her other best friend so you can make her jealous..... Of course not." But that's not what came out of my mouth.
"Yes, of course," I said to him.
"Thanks. It means a lot to me."
"No problem," I said with a fake smile. And after that it began. We walked to every class together and held hands. We would say nice, couply things to eachother and made it look so real. It saddened me to know that this was all an act and not for real.
      Iris was overjoyed to hear the news that her favorite OTP was finally together and I couldn't believe myself for agreeing to this.
       It spread like a wildfire and everyone was "oohing" and "aahing" over the new couple. That of course came with pro's and con's. Boys backed off of me but there was a lot more teasing and bullying. One day I was walking the halls to my locker when a group of football players approached me. Tony being the leader:
"Hey Nerd 1, where's nerd 2? Break up too soon? I knew it was too good to be true. No one is into you and that little nerd is all you can get," Tony said. I ignored his taunting and turned back to my locker.
"Don't turn around on me," Tony said grabbing my shoulders and turning me around. He then grabbed my collar and forcefully lifted me and pushed me against the locker next to mine.
"Too bad you're hero didn't come to your rescue. Little Allen. Always late. Never on-"
"STOP!" Barry yelled. "Put her down," Barry demanded.
"And what are you going to do about it tough guy? Huh?" Tony asked dropping me and cornering Barry. A crowd had now formed in the halls and no teachers came out or cared. Tony's buddies joined his side and Barry was trapped.
"You can't protect her. You can even protect yourself," Tony said punching Barry in the jaw. He fell to the ground and Tony hesitated before kicking him. Barry grunted in pain and I butted in.
"PLEASE STOP!" I yelled to Tony. He didn't listen and all his buddies now joined in. I had no choice but to help. I ran over to Tony and jumped on his back. He stumbled away from Barry and his buddies tried getting me off, but I fought them all off. I kicked every one of them away and they all left.   
      Tony was the only one left and Barry was now leaning up against a locker holding his jaw. I saw he was in pain and Tony wouldn't stop hurting him and taunting him. I knew that I had to do something to keep him away. I then thought of a move I had recently learned. I wrapped my legs around Tony's neck and flipped him over. I nailed the landing and looked like a badass.
      I ran over to Barry and made sure he was okay. Tony ran away as soon as he regained some strength and Barry and I had scared the crowd away. We then sat in the hall alone as everyone scurried back to class. He grabbed my hand and stroked it.
"Thank you. Where did you learn to fight like that?" He asked me.
"I watch a lot of movies. Black Widow actually......kidding. I take classes. You never know what you're gonna run into."
"You never do," Barry said giving me a smile. I saw a look in his eyes. One I had never seen before. I then thought back to the beginning of today when Barry asked me to be his fake girlfriend. I thought it was bad at first hit then I rethought the whole situation.
Maybe it wasn't for Iris or for someone's attention, but for me.
-----------------
Thank you for 31K! Here is another short for you. More are on the way and I am going to work really hard on uploading and writing on schedule. The recent shorts were all uploaded at the same time and I'm not going to play catch up again. See you in the next short! -Flashette1