Extra 37: Bonfire

Barry and I sat around the firepit surrounded by our friends. Harry, Wally, Jessie, Iris, Joe, Cisco, and Caitlin were all here with us, laughing and enjoying their marshmallows. Jessie and Wally were sitting close together (I want them to be together) and Cisco and Caitlin were sitting close to each other (I want them to be together as well) and as for Barry and I, I was sitting as close to him as I could be.....on his lap. He didn't mind and neither did anyone around us.
We roasted marshmallows and made smores. I had a lot of them and I felt bad when I dropped my hot marshmallow on Barry's jeans. Moving on from that, I tried to keep it going. I changed the subject and that kept the conversation going. We shared embarrassing stories from our childhood and cherished the good ones.
After a while, one by one, eventually every one left. When it was just Barry and I, we grabbed our puppy and sat with him. Barry and I talked a lot more, just the two of us. When it was late and we were silent for a while, I looked down at Barry to see him sleeping. I kissed him and after a few seconds his eyes fluttered open.
"Whats going on?" He asked me.
"You're sleeping. Let's go to bed," I suggested. Barry nodded and stood up to put the fire out. While he was doing that I had put all the chairs away.
We headed inside and got ready for bed. When I got out of the shower, I noticed Barry laying down on the bed with our puppy in his arms. I put the puppy to bed and managed to get Barry off the blankets. I tucked him in and planted a kiss on his forehead before turning the light off and crawling into bed myself. I snuggled up with Barry and felt him pull me closer. I smiled and fell asleep in Barry's arms.
---------------------------------
Here's another short. More are coming! -Flashette1