Extra 47: Barry, The Little Merman

Here is the late 12K short. Sorry that it was not uploaded on schedule. Enjoy!
----------------------------
      I woke up to see Barry absent from the bed. His side had been cold, signifying that he had been gone for a while. I checked the alarm clock next to me and and it was 9. We had gotten the day off because CCPD was undergoing renovations and we didn't have Zoom to take care of anymore. I checked my phone and saw many notifications. I scrolled through my social media before placing my phone back on the night stand and proceeding downstairs.
     I kept quiet as I walked down the hallway and approached the top of the stairs. I had a perfect view of the kitchen and Barry was at the stove with his back to me. The radio was playing but the song he was singing wasn't the same.
     "Look at this stuff! Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collections complete? Wouldn't you think I'm the girl.....the girl who has everything!" He sang. I stood at the top of the stairs and watched as he danced around the kitchen still singing "The Little Mermaid". He spun around and noticed me standing. When he saw me I couldn't help but laugh.
     "I wanna go where the people are......" "..................walking around on those........what are they called? Oh yeah, FEET!" He said spinning around. He stopped in mid spin and stared at me blushing.
    "How long have you-"
    "Long enough," I said before walking downstairs and letting out my giggles. I said good morning before I planted a kiss on his lips and grabbed my plate of breakfast before sitting down. Barry and I chatted while eating and I helped him clean up afterwards. But this time, I sang along and dance with him.
-----------------------------------------------
     Sorry for late update. Here is the VERY late 12K short. A lot has been going on but I am going to get all of my writing done because I have a few more shorts. See you in the next short! -Flashette1