Extra 46: Two Teams Are Better Than One

Thank you for 28K! Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------
       Captain sent Barry and I all the way out to Quantico Virginia to help them with a case. We had never been asked to go on many business trips, but they really needed us.
      When we arrived and got signed into the BAU, we were lead to a room full of people. After saying hello, they introduced themselves as Garcia, JJ, Morgan, Hotch, Rossi, Prentiss, and Dr Reid. Dr Reid reminded me a lot of Barry and he was cute. And he was very smart, much smarter then Barry and I.
      "Let's introduce the case," Hotch said before Penelope pulled up the case on the screen. She explained the photos on the screen and how they connected to the Unsub. When we were well informed of the case, Barry and I went off with Reid to examine the evidence and see what we could find.
       "So, what do you do? Tell us about yourself? I said looking over the photos, reports, and objects.
        "I'm a nerd and I'm super smart. I have eidetic memory, I have an IQ of 187, and I can read 20,000 words per minute. I help out with cases and I'm the braniac of the team. Enough about me, how about you?"
      "We live in Central City-"
       "With all the metahumans right?"
       "Yes, we are forensic scientists at CCPD and we help with the cases there. Unfortunately we aren't as smart as you but-"
       "And The Flashes. They're incredible aren't they?"
      "Yes....very... too bad they can't help you with-"
       "Or maybe they can. They would make it so much easier to catch this unsub...or any..."
       "That would be cool...."
        "I suppose you don't know them, do you?"
       "Why would we? We're just scientists like you...just ordinary...............okay, you got us. How did you know?" I asked.
        "Well I am a genius. It's so easy to see how your facial expressions changed and you became more nervous. I could see it in your eyes. I've worked with many criminals and I know all the tells."
      "Okay, just please don't tell the rest of the team-"
      "Tell us what?" Hotch asked walking into the room.
      "Nothing....they were just explaining something to me about The Flashes."
      "The Flashes....you mean the two speed freaks from Central City?"
      "Yes."
     "And what wouldn't you want to tell us?" Hotch asked. Not having any choice and having no other option, I had to speak up. I mean they are the FBI so they could keep a secret. Especially if they don't know anyone in our area.
      "We're them," I whispered in his ear. He was in disbelief for a second but nodded his head and carried on. He then called the rest of the team into the conference room and we were in front of all of them.
      "I know that we've been trying to catch this guy for a long time, but we finally have a way to catch him. With this, he won't even see them coming. He'll only see a blur before he is in our custody."
       "Where are you going with this Hotch?" Morgan asked.
      "You may think these are just ordinary scientists like Reid, but they're much more. And they're our only shot at getting this guy. May I introduce to you: The Flashes."
     "The two speedsters, no way!" Penelope said.
     "I don't believe this," Rossi said.
     "Wait," Hotch motioned to us and we knew it was time. We both put our bags on the table and waited for our cue. When it was time, we sped into our suits in front of the team. We stood in front of them as they all sat in awe and surprise.
     "Well we do have a location now so we can move in. We have been working on this case for months so this is as much information as were gonna get."
       "Let's go get him," Rossi said before they all got up. Barry and I sped to the location and we sped Reid along with us. He was like our GPS.
        "That was the coolest thing ever!" Reid exclaimed when we arrived at the location. When we met up with the rest of the team, we explained the plan and how we were gonna catch him. Reid was going to go in, followed by Barry and I, and then the rest of the team was going to watch the perimeter.
    "Go," Morgan said before we were off. We got to the door and Reid tried to open it.
     "Locked. I'll go get Morgan and he can-"
    "No need," I said putting my hand up to the knob. I vibrated my hand on the knob until it fell off the door and into my hands.
      "That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. What can't you do?" He asked. I smiled and we proceeded into the house. We saw all the tools and weapons on the counter.
       "They match," I said before we moved upstairs. We could hear creaking so we knew he was here.
        "FBI," Reid yelled from the top of the stairs. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way." We were upstairs now and could see our Unsub. He wore a mask and had a little girl in his arms. He also had a gun in hand and it was loaded.
       "Put her down and let her go. Another girl doesn't have to be killed. You've killed many already."
     "Why should I listen to you?" He asked. "Especially you, geek charming," he said before he aimed and fired at Reid. I sped in front of him and caught the bullets.
      "What?" The Unsub asked. "What are you? Who are you?" He asked nervously.
        "We're The Flashes," I said before I sped to the girl and took her to safety with the rest of the team. I sped back in just to see Reid take a clean shot at the Unsub's shoulder and that caused him to drop the gun. Reid then cuffed him and Barry sped him away. I then sped Reid out to the team and we regrouped. 
     After we said goodbye to the rest of the team, I had to say goodbye to Reid. I asked Barry if I could have some alone time with him.
     "Are you okay?" I asked him.
     "Well if I'm being honest, no. I had a girlfriend and she died a few weeks ago. Maeve.......and I was there when it happened. I have nightmares all the time about her and seeing her there lying dead in my arms. I don't know how to deal with it. I really cared about her and I just got over a drug addiction and I don't know what to do."
      "Let me tell you this, a few months ago I had a miscarriage type situation and I didn't know how to deal with it. I thought it was the end of the world and I didn't know what to do. And then I later found out that one of my best friends had died. But I had friends and family that got me though. You have a terrific team that wants to help you. Take it," I said. "And like Hotch did, I think Maeve would want you to move on," I said before he pulled me in for a hug.
       "Thank you," he said to me.
      "No problem. If you ever need help, just call."
       "Okay, really...Thank you. And good luck with your Flashing.........wow.........that sounds........really.."
       "It's okay. Just remember what I told you,"
        "Eidetic memory," he said pointing to his head. I kissed him on the cheek before Barry and I sped out of the office and back home.
-----------------------------------------
     I hope you enjoyed this short and thank you for 27K. A 12K short is coming soon so stay tuned for that. See you in the next short! -Flashette1