"You could say that" I shake my head awkwardly.

"Were you guys in the same class or something"

"Kind of" I blush.

"What do you mean kind of?" Lucy laughs confusedly.

"He was my teacher"

"Holy fucking Jesus Christ!" She suddenly breaks the car and I urge her to start driving again. "Damn, fuck I thought he was your age, girl you got it good" she laughs and I frown.

"Had it good. And anyways I don't want to talk about him"

"Was his sex good?" She asks cheekily and I couldn't even keep the smile off my face so I hid my face with my hands. "I got my answer" Lucy giggles and I look out the window to forget the whole conversation.

"Beanies and pop?" I ask looking up at the odd restaurant name.

"It's a cool place, it's like one of them American diners but more hip" she says and we both leave the car as she locks it.

"The boys have arrived already" she says looking over her phone and I nod.

"I'll let you and Dan sit near each other" she smirks and I roll my eyes.

"God it's not like that at all!" I giggle. "Please don't make things awkward"

"I'll try" she smacks her lips and together as we enter the restaurant and find Brad and Dan sat in the corner booth.

"Hiya boys" Lucy greets them as she scoots near Brad, I walk over to dan and mentally curse at Lucy.

"You look splendid" dan smiles at me.

"I just woke up from sleep" I raise my brows at him and he laughs.

"Still splendid" he shrugs and I blush.

"So what are we ordering" Brad interrupts and I grab a menu to quickly scan through.

"I think I'll go for the double chicken burger and cheesy fries with a milkshake" I say and everyone else follows giving their order, Brad then gets up and walks over the counter to tell the waitress.

"So dan, did you tell Ella about your art exhibition"

Dan looks slightly nervous and lets out a sigh. "I guess you've just done it for me"

"Why didn't you tell me you paint?" I smile at him and he shrugs.

"It never came up in conversation"

"You should see his pieces, they're amazing" Lucy gushes just as Brad returns.

"What's amazing?" He asks.

"Dans artwork"

"Oh yh, Ella you should see them" Brad urges and I look at Dan who is sat silently.

I didn't know whether I should push him to talk about his art work any further, he already looked awkward and I couldn't get why, it was just art.